“The Best Memories of the Mexico Trip!”

Dreamtime Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Dreamtime Dive Center is a PADI 5 Star facility in Majahual, Mexico on the Costa Maya. We are an ecologically conscious dive center and pride ourselves on being the safest, most forward-thinking center in the area. This is not only because of our amazing location right on the pristine white sandy beach, our custom built dive boats and well-maintained equipment, or our high safety record and professional service - but because we love to dive!
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Memories of the Mexico Trip!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I wish I could find the right words to praise the people of Dreamtime Dive Center high enough! My boyfriend and I came to Mahahual to respectively update or gain diving skills and we felt so lucky because the staff was exceptional. We got eduacated and entertained at the same time, and our instructors - Danny and Richard - were knowledgable and friendly and took really good care of us, not to mention they were very passionate about diving which really makes a difference. All the equipment, including boats, was good, modern and safe, the diving sites were spectacular and all in all those 4 days turned out to be the highlight of the trip to Mexico!

PS. Do get the video if you have a chance! It is such a nice keepsake, especially good to watch on a cold winter's day.

Visited February 2013
Dreamtime2010, Manager at Dreamtime Dive Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback! We are so lucky to have such a great staff that is so passionate about their careers! They enjoy each and everytime they are able to spend working with divers from beginners to the most advanced. We are so pleased to be "the highlight" of your trip! Hope you come back and visit us again soon! Until then Happy Diving!

Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing First time Diving Experience!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Everyone at Dreamtime Dive Resort was excellent - from the pick up right at our dock to the ride back to our ship post-dive. They were extremely knowledgeable and helpful, not to mention fun and friendly. When I didn't think I was able to continue with the dive - as it was more challenging than I anticipated - David was great to calm me down and help me through. It was an amazing experience that I will not ever forget! I also want to thank Underwater Paparazzis for capturing it all on video for me too! Highly recommend this organization if you are looking to do your first dive - or your 100th dive! Thanks guys! :)

Visited February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this review. We are glad that your experience was memorable from start to finish! Our staff takes a lot of pride in their job and are overcome with joy each time they help someone conquer Scuba Diving! I will make sure to pass on your kind words to Underwater Paparazzis as well! Thanks again! Hope to dive with you again sometime in the near future!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Best day ever!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was on a cruise with my family for a week and a group of us wanted to try SCUBA. All but one of us had never done it before, so we had to do a short learning course before we took to the water. Danny was the guy that taught us all the skills we would be doing under water and how to use our gear. The people there are so helpful and nice. My group consisted of Mae and Danny, both of which were young English interns; very cool, my sister and two other people.
We started off with four people diving, six including the instructors, but eventually there was just myself and another guy. That made it easier because then it was a one on one session with the two instructors. They made sure we both very comfortable breathing under water, or at least as comfortable as one can be. We dove for about forty minutes all in all. The reef there was gorgeous! I even had a fish cross in front of me, stop, look at me, and then keep swimming. It was surreal.
I would most definitely go back!

Visited February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your comments. We are so glad that you we able to experience Scuba Diving with us. Our staff is so passionate about their job and are so happy when they can share their love of diving with others. We hope to see you again soon! Until then Happy Diving!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My family and I just returned from a cruise celebrating my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. (February, 2013) We booked an excursion through our cruise line (Holland America), and having been surrounded by older people all week it was lovely to see a young crew of divers. (I am 21, my sister is 24, and my cousin is 15.)
Five of my family members (including myself) went diving. For four of us it was our first time diving. David gave us a quick history of Costa Maya as we rode to the dive shop.
After a lesson in the physics of diving (given by Danny) we suited up and climbed aboard to head out to the diving site. We received a quick review from Mae on the way out, and the instructors helped us gear up.
Once in the water we practiced our skills. I was panicking since it was my first time diving, and pretty far outside of my comfort zone. Mae was generously patient with us all (as was Danny) and did her best to convince me to stick with it.
Not wanting to hold anyone up, I gave up and went back to the boat. One of the divers suggested I instead go snorkeling, and asked Mauricio (one of the captains) to take me. A short while later I jumped back in the water and we took off. The reef is amazing, even from the surface of the water. We quickly caught up with the group, and I was able to watch them. Mauricio pointed out all of the fish hiding in the coral reef, including some Lionfish.
At one point my sister, who was diving, became ill, and Danny made sure she was alright before they continued diving. All of the divers and dive masters were very attentive to us.
Back at the boat they handed out water and pineapple. The instructors clearly love what they do, and it shows in their attitude. (They even asked us to wish our grandparents a happy 60th anniversary.)
I don't know if I'll ever be confident enough to dive, but I would certainly love to come back and snorkel with them! My family members were all extremely pleased. I'm already planning my trip back to Mahahual.

Lisa-Atlanta, Georgia

Lisa,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent dive experience! OUr staff is very passionate about their job and we are glad you noticed their love for Dreamtime and it's customers. We are glad you were able to have a nice snorkel tour with Mauricio! Definitely come back to visit us in Mahahual... with a little more time I'm sure the staff would be able to help you get back underwater and diving with confidence in no time! Can't wait til your next trip!!!
Bristol, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AWESOME BEGINNERS' DIVE EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My Sons and I had wanted to try SCUBA for a couple years now. The boys did not want to sign up for the full course without trying it first. Well this was a COMPLETE SUCCESS!!! David, Daniel, and all of the instructors and staff, were exceptionally knowledgeable and patient making the whole experience fun and educational. I have to admit that being under the water and looking up at the surface was a little intimidating at first. But with all of the training from the classroom part of our day, and Daniels patient guidance, we all made it through the underwater tests. Then on to the REEF!!!! OMG it was absolutely amazing. We have snorkeled many times and it was nice being able to hang around and look around.

Visited January 2013
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to post your comment. At Dreamtime, we strive to make your diving adventure stress free. I'm glad our staff was able to ease your underwater fears. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your dive. We hope this was a great kick start to a long diving career! Come back and see again sometime soon!