“Excellent dive at Mahahual”

Dreamtime Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Dreamtime Dive Center is a PADI 5 Star facility in Majahual, Mexico on the Costa Maya. We are an ecologically conscious dive center and pride ourselves on being the safest, most forward-thinking center in the area. This is not only because of our amazing location right on the pristine white sandy beach, our custom built dive boats and well-maintained equipment, or our high safety record and professional service - but because we love to dive!
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent dive at Mahahual”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've been there with my fiancee in June 2012. I was diving and she was snorkeling. Our instructors were really careful, polite and funny. We felt like we've gone diving with our friends. The dive was great. I've seen moray, lion fish, crayfish, spider crab, some rays and other creatures I cannot name, but they were beautiful. Our instructors ( Victor & Peter) are a passionate divers and it was a big pleasure to dive/snorkel with them. Don't even hesitate to come here. Just do it. You wont regret! :)

Visited June 2012
2 Thank MaciejLondon
Dreamtime2010, Manager at Dreamtime Dive Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your kind words! We are glad that you enjoyed your time spent at Dreamtime! We are truly passionate about what we do here at Dreamtime and love getting to share our passion with you! Sounds like you got to view a lot of the amazing marine life, Mahahual has to offer. We can't wait for you to come back again and hopefully we can get your fiancee certified so she can experience how amazing scuba diving is first-hand!

Alton, New Hampshire
“Great place to dive”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We went with a group of friends, who some are instructors and experienced divers in February, 2012. I was finishing my certification and what a place to do it in. The entire staff at Dreamtime were professional, helpful, knowledgeable and most of all, great people. They made us feel so welcomed, comfortable like they have known forever. We made new friends by the end of our two week vacation. The tours were excellent by the dive masters as to knowing the reefs and showing lots of fish and other marine animals and sites along the beaches. The shop provided snacks, water and food on all the dive trips. There is also areas to clean your dive equipment which leaves them smelling nice. They even took care of our equipment if needed as well. The weather was uncooperative on a few days, but even though we couldn't dive, the shop tried to make up on other days for our dives and Lauren even set up other excurtions for us in Mahahual, such as the seeing the lake of many colors and other things. We would go back again.

Visited February 2012
We are glad to hear you had such a great trip to Mahahual! We loved getting the opportunity to share our city and diving with you & your friends! Our goal at Dreamtime is to give you the best experience not only underwater but on land as well. We pride ourselves on giving you a stress-free vacation experience. Thank you for your comments and we can't wait for you to come back and visit us again!
Lumberton,NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great customer service”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was a "Beginner Scuba Dive" excursion that was booked through Carnival Cruise Lines. The staff was very helpful and made this a memorable experience. I was very well impressed all aspects of the excursion.

Visited May 2011
Dreamtime2010, Manager at Dreamtime Dive Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments! We are glad you had a great beginners experience with Dreamtime. We hope you have decided to continue the process of becoming a certified diver! Our goal at Dreamtime is to ensure diver safety and high customer satisfaction. We hope you come back and dive with us again soon!
Toronto, ON
“Came as clients - left as friends”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I booked diving with Dreamtime Dive center directly through their website. We came first time in July 2011. We are all experienced divers, myself, my 26 years old son and 20 year old daughter.
My daughter booked an advanced open water course. Already at the booking process, I felt very welcome, all my questions were answered, and even directions how to drive from Cancun to Mahahual - including where to stop for food were provided! When we arrived in Mahahual, a tropical storm started, we were unable to dive in the sea, so at no extra cost we were taken to dive at the cenote azul - an experience on its own! That was an awesome dive - like diving in the magical garden ... That way my daughter got to do 3 of 5 required dives to complete her course.
We could complete those other 2 dives else where, but we chose to come back in Nov 2011, just the 2 of us me and my daughter. Again we drove from Cancun and spent 3 amazing days in Mahahual - this time the weather was perfect! We got to complete the course and see the reef in all its glory. The reef is very healthy, (except for lion fish infestation) and lots of creatures to see! I would Highly recommend taking an effort to drive to Mahahual, and diving with Dreamtime! This way it is possible to avoid the crowds from cruise ships and get to be friends with the amazing crew!
The crew is very professional and knowledgeable. The equipment is in a very good condition, and they even spoil you by carrying the equipment to and from the boat for you! We will definitely be back for more diving with them.

Visited November 2011
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had such a fantastic experience with Dreamtime. We love when we get the opportunity to spend multiple days with customers and get to show them our great town and diving! At Dreamtime, we try to do all we can to make sure you are able to get in the water. We can't wait for your next dive trip!
Radford, VA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beginner's reef diving”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I really enjoyed the beginner's diving experience. I was really looking forward to the photo package for a great picture to put on my vacation wall at home. When the photos arrived they were of another person that was in our dive group. When I contacted the photographer he assured me that he would look at the date and photo numbers to send me the correct pictures or he would send me a refund. To date I have received neither and it is well over a year since my visit.
I understand that mistakes can happen and that they can mix the people up but they need a better way of knowing who is who and they should follow up on their refund promise.

Visited February 2012
Dreamtime2010, Manager at Dreamtime Dive Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you're diving experience with Dreamtime was memorable. Our sincere apology for the concern you had with your photo package. Please understand, we use free-lance underwater photographers to provide this service and were unaware of your concern. Please email us at info@dreamtimediving.com to further resolve your concern and/or receive an appropriate refund. Our goal at Dreamtime is to ensure the highest safety and level of customer satisfaction. We hope you will dive with us again soon!