“Definately going back!!”

Maya Luna Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Mahahual
Cuisines: Mexican, Indonesian, Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurante with view over the ocean. Patio and picknick tables right on the beach. Our signature dish is a stuffed pineapple with shrimps and lots of other ingredients
Ohio
“Definately going back!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband and I stopped here at the advice of a friend and was I glad we did. Maya Luna in so comfortable and inviting it will be the first place we go when we return this year. It was raining and the wind was blowing hard so we ate inside, but the patio looked very comfortable with a great oceanside view. My husband had a chicken dish that was delicious, but..... the stuffed pineapple I had, their house special, was just about the best thing I've ever eaten!. Shrimp, Rice, Cashews lots of other good stuff. If you go to Mahahual, it's a must. Another thing I really liked about Maya Luna was it was just a nice cozy place to hang out and have a couple drinks on the beach, even if your not eating. Carolien, the owner, was very nice and helpful with info on the area. Can't wait to go again!!! .

• Visited May 2010
1 Thank Dempy

Phoenix, Arizona
“Not to be missed...”
Reviewed September 10, 2010

A friend and I travel to Majahual in March and stayed at the Balamku Inn which was fabulous. Since Balamku doesn't serve dinner, we traveled out and about in search of good eats and we found it at Maya Luna right down the road.

The restaurant is wonderful and has a nice porch to sit on as well, weather permitting. The owner, Carolien is warm and inviting. Service was great! It was my friend's birthday and Carolien and her staff put together a very special meal for us of fresh seafoods and such that was incredible.

The not to be missed dish is the house specialty of shrimp stuffed pineapple...amazing!