“Great time!”

Tropicante Ameri-Mex Grill
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Mahahual
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Central American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mahahual’s premier ocean front dining experience. A unique cultural and culinary blend of the best of Mexico and the US. Our food, music and ambiance combine the tastes and flavors of both of these two wonderful countries. We are located on the Malecon right in the center of the downtown beachfront. We offer comfortable inside dining as well as tables in the sand, just a few steps from the beautiful clear Caribbean waters. Best food and conversation in town!
Slidell, Texas
“Great time!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a very nice time at the beach by Tropicante. Made reservation with Steve Uhl through website. Reserved chairs and table with shade. No deposit required. $2.00 per person for taxi or bus from port. Ten minutes ride. Weather was warm and sunny. Beach was clean. Good food with reasonable prices. Very friendly atmosphere. Great shopping along strip. Safe environment. Steve walked around and spend time with everyone. Highly recommend Tropicante!

• Visited February 2013

Houston, Texas
“Poor weather, great service”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Researched here before booking or rather emailing Tropicante. When we docked on our Disney Cruise the weather turned fierce. There was a violent wind storm and then muggy the rest of the day. Once the rain subsided. we took a cab to Tropicante where things were very slow because of the weather. The rain left lots of standing muddy water but my 6 year old loved it -beautiful tropical water and he's in the mud with his toy cars. Steve was all ours most of the day because of so many cancellations. He's a talker but we enjoyed his knowledge of the island and its culture. He made sure the ladyies dragged the massage beds out on the beach after taking cover earlier. We only ate a little (nachos) and had ice cold beer. In all it was peaceful and pleasant. It had a small village feel not overly commercialized. There are small stores to buy bottle water, snacks water toys etc. Tropicante's neighbor let us take pictures with their parrots my son loved it. I think the cruise port with the big salt water pool and stores are okay but we wanted something cozier and less emphasis on buying stuff. Yes there are vendors in front of Tropicante but they are very easy going. Costa Maya seemed like a place hit by either a hurricane or economic hardship. Prices for drinks at that cruise port are steep-ask before ordering. They try to pretend they suddenly don't understand English.

• Visited October 2012
Madison, Mississippi, United States
“Great”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

On a 7 night cruise out of New Orleans (4 stops), this little place was the best. Drinks,food, the beach...everything. Price was so low, Steve is the perfect host ( and blogger ). I had found this on tripadvisor and had contact Steve via e-mail. It doesn't look like much, but it has everything, and boy do you relax.

• Visited December 2012
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

First, I want to apologize to Steve for taking so long to write my review!!! It is not for the lack of satisfaction, but got really busy at work right when we got home and it just hit me that I never officially wrote a review (I included my praise in my CC review). Now the good stuff...

WOW, customer service is unbelievable from the time you contact Steve to reserve a lounger until the time you pay the tab. The entire staff (including the owner Steve) will make sure that they do everything in their power to make your day unforgettable. We were there for the day on the NCL Dawn on my birthday. I contacted Steve a few weeks before and he told me although he was full (meaning his pre-reserved loungers were all taken) he would do his best to fit us in somewhere when we arrived. The weather the morning we arrived was not very good (actually 2 other boats could not make it into port). This was good for us, but I felt bad for the businesses. We headed right to Tropicante when the weather began to clear and we were among the first to arrive. They set us up with massages within 2 minutes and they were delightful!!! Who could complain about a $25 hour massage right on the beach, but these were beyond my expectations!!! We relaxed on the beautiful beach, drank plenty (thanks for the shots Steve), and ate like kings all day!! I could not have asked for a better birthday :) I can't wait to return to this paradise!!!! The best part is our bill was less than $200 including all of the food, drinks,and four 1 hr massages!!!! If you are looking for the best service, location, and price look no further than Tropicante!!!

• Visited January 2013
Gardendale, Alabama
“Great place”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went here a yrs ago and had a great time. Steve came by and talked to everyone on the beach. The food was great. The staff will take care of anythink you want even if he don't have it. Can't wait to get a cruise that goes there. I was on CC and was reading about his place and thought I would tell how good it was.

• Visited March 2012