“Great”

Tropicante Ameri-Mex Grill
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Mahahual
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mahahual’s premier ocean front dining experience. A unique cultural and culinary blend of the best of Mexico and the US. Our food, music and ambiance combine the tastes and flavors of both of these two wonderful countries. We are located on the Malecon right in the center of the downtown beachfront. We offer comfortable inside dining as well as tables in the sand, just a few steps from the beautiful clear Caribbean waters. Best food and conversation in town!
Madison, Mississippi, United States
“Great”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

On a 7 night cruise out of New Orleans (4 stops), this little place was the best. Drinks,food, the beach...everything. Price was so low, Steve is the perfect host ( and blogger ). I had found this on tripadvisor and had contact Steve via e-mail. It doesn't look like much, but it has everything, and boy do you relax.

• Visited December 2012

Lakeland, Florida, United States
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

First, I want to apologize to Steve for taking so long to write my review!!! It is not for the lack of satisfaction, but got really busy at work right when we got home and it just hit me that I never officially wrote a review (I included my praise in my CC review). Now the good stuff...

WOW, customer service is unbelievable from the time you contact Steve to reserve a lounger until the time you pay the tab. The entire staff (including the owner Steve) will make sure that they do everything in their power to make your day unforgettable. We were there for the day on the NCL Dawn on my birthday. I contacted Steve a few weeks before and he told me although he was full (meaning his pre-reserved loungers were all taken) he would do his best to fit us in somewhere when we arrived. The weather the morning we arrived was not very good (actually 2 other boats could not make it into port). This was good for us, but I felt bad for the businesses. We headed right to Tropicante when the weather began to clear and we were among the first to arrive. They set us up with massages within 2 minutes and they were delightful!!! Who could complain about a $25 hour massage right on the beach, but these were beyond my expectations!!! We relaxed on the beautiful beach, drank plenty (thanks for the shots Steve), and ate like kings all day!! I could not have asked for a better birthday :) I can't wait to return to this paradise!!!! The best part is our bill was less than $200 including all of the food, drinks,and four 1 hr massages!!!! If you are looking for the best service, location, and price look no further than Tropicante!!!

Gardendale, Alabama
“Great place”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went here a yrs ago and had a great time. Steve came by and talked to everyone on the beach. The food was great. The staff will take care of anythink you want even if he don't have it. Can't wait to get a cruise that goes there. I was on CC and was reading about his place and thought I would tell how good it was.

• Visited March 2012
White Bear Lake
“What a great day!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

After doing some research and visiting the Website I reserved a spot for my wife and I on recent cruise. We arrived early in Costa Maya and took the 5min cab ride to town. We did use the cab service in the port and no surprise they took us to the end of town. Not a big deal and actually allowed us to walk down the Malecon and see the town. We had no trouble finding Tropicante and our loungers. The food and drinks were delicious and affordable and our concierge was attentive. We had a great day. Any activity you want to do (Massage, Snorkel, Paddle Board, Jet Ski, are a few) they will set it up for you. Everyone went above and beyond the call. In fact Steve, the owner, came out and greeted all of the guests. He found out we were newly weds and bought us a round of Tequila and actually sent us back to the ship with a wedding gift. Great People. Can't wait to go back.

Side note: We were in during a slow time for ships which you would think would have meant getting mobbed by vendors. This was not the case. Vendors did come around but they were all friendly and respectful.

San Antonio, Texas
“Great Place!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I never have written a review but is always reading them. I just got back from vacation and felt compelled to write my first one. The cab ride ($2) to Tropicante was quick and easy. Once we got to Tropicante, we had the best service, very reasonable priced drinks and food. The beach was beautiful and Steve was a delight when he came by to visit ( he also brought us some tequila!). I will definitely be back to visit.