Posada Pachamama
La Posada de los 40 Canones(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$103
$87
$82
Margarita del Sol(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$67
$54
$61
$115
Koox Matan Ka'an Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$65
Hotel Maya Luna(Mahahual)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspent one nightbeach accessclean roomsbalconycompressormaleconpesoschannelsbreezemexico
Reviewed April 17, 2010

We traveled to Mauhaual to go scuba diving in Banco Chinchorro and looked for a hotel to stay in when we arrived. We didn't make a reservation so we got a room with a dbl bed and a single bed as that was all that was left but it worked out great. We found this hotel to be the nicest with the best rate. The staff are amazing, the rooms are small but trendy, and they are air conditioned and because they are small they cool down fast. Very clean hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mckenk4
maxico75, Propietario at Posada Pachamama, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Reviewed January 27, 2010

I've stayed here twice, once with my husband, and once with a friend. This hotel is cute! The rooms are small, but very clean and stylish. The owners are cheerful, helpful, accommodating, and very cute in their own right. We think this is an absolute gem!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Juanita44

Reviewed August 12, 2009

My university friends and I decided to take a vacation in this paradise corner, Mahahual in Mexico. The small but cozy and warm hotel called POSADA PACHAMAMA was very clean, with plenty of little details and in an enjoyable colonial style. Nothing was missing from our room: private bathroom, air conditioning, WIFI internet. Furthermore, a cafeteria was available as well as a private parking spot in case you rent a car.

The hotel is really downtown Mahahual, maybe a few feet from the beach. The room offered as spectacular view of the ocean each morning!

Max and Micky (she's having a baby in a couple of months!), the owners, could not have been more helpful and nice and I am planning to come back to Posada Pachamama for winter break with my girlfriend, to give her a romantic view of Mexico.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank ilovetraveling62

Reviewed July 23, 2009

I spend a couple of days whit my family at Mahahual. We choose Posada Pachamama because the information we found at their web page. Mahahual is a nice touristic place still in development, but is recommended for snorkeling and scuba diving because it is in front of "Banco Chinchorro", which is one of the largests reefs in the world. The hotel is small (about 8 rooms), the rooms are also small but clean and comfortables. No Tv, no pool and no restaurant. The hotel is not located in front of the beach.

Unfortunately I had a mistake regarding the arrival date, so I had to deal with the hotel administrator (Italian woman) which at the end was very tough with me and my family. By fortune her couple was a wise and more flexible person to deal with. With his help we finally we found a convenient solution for both parts.

After that experience I never felt comfortable again at Posada Pachamama and I will never comeback. I recommend "La Posada de los 40 Canones" and "Matan Ka'an Hotel" which are very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank al952129
massipalli, owner at Posada Pachamama, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2009

Dear Sirs,

we are glad to offer further facts to better understand what was happened.

We use to do all the best to satisfy our customers vacation, and we have done the same also for you:

- Reserving for 2 days you have ask us to pay not the entire amount of deposit with the promise to pay all the difference when you arrive here.

- You arrived to Posada Pachamama a day before your scheduled reservation, we had no availability so we have found a room for you in an other hotel for your first night here in Mahahual, also asking a discount for you.

-Without considering that we have lost one night of reservation with your date mistake, you refuse to pay what you had promised to pay at moment of your reservation.

We think there are enough facts to understand that it will be better to plan your vacations with more attention to dates, because, especially in high season, this create not comfortable situations like this one.

Have a good time!

Owner
Posada Pachamama
Mahahual

Reviewed May 12, 2009

This was my 3rd time to Mahahual and I'm regretting that I didn't find this hotel sooner. It's is by far the best hotel in town! Rooms small but clean, parking in front, view from top right on the reef - gorgeous! The staff (owners) are really great , and I never met a host like Michaela! Nice, helpful and indescribably beautiful!
We were with some friends, so we practically booked the hotel (yes, it small), so we were allowed to do a lot more at night than in a bigger hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends