“For the Price, what more can you ask for?”
Review of Posada Pachamama

Posada Pachamama
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Mahahual
Mahahual, Mexico
“For the Price, what more can you ask for?”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great central location to stay in Mahahual. Park your car and you can walk anywhere.

The rooms are a bit small, but for the price you pay and the fact that what else would you do but sleep, they work. We stayed in an upstairs room with a balcony and it was nice to have the sliding doors open to catch a breeze in the night. Best balcony room would be facing the east to catch the breeze off the sea.

The rooms are clean with a safe in each one, but we never used it. Plenty of hot water with a good size shower. Its nice to go and sit on the hotel's patio, check your e-mail and have coffee in the morning.

Great buy if you're planning to spend little money and don't plan to spend much time in the room.

Room Tip: Room with balcony is best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunlovers4ever
maxico75, Owner at Posada Pachamama, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thanks for your review,was a pleasure recive a kind person like you.
Massimiliano
Posada Pachamama

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in Pachamama. The room was beautiful, decoration is very tastful and the room was very well planned & modern. Shower was good & large with plenty of hot water ( a plus after a day out diving ), comfi bed, lots of light & a cousy balcony with partial ocean views ( top floor ). Very clean, nice A/C, safety box, TV & satelite channels, big showers towels. The owner was very attentive as well as the receptionist who went out of his way to help us in anything we needed. They serve 2 kinds of breakfast, very handy when you have to leave early morning for diving. Very well located ( a block from the beach ), many options to eat around ( would recommend 100% Agave next door, very friendly staff, huge menu & awesome food ), many small stores to buy necessities ( drinks, toiletries, etc ).
They have a small area to hang ( outside ) your dive equipment & they have a private parking. You can pay with credit card ( though aditional charge apply but a plus counting that there are no banks in Mahahual - only a couple of ATM's charging commissions plus the outrageous ones you already pay for your bank back home ). We arrived late in the evening and were welcomed by the receptionist that accomodated all our needs & even helped us to arrange our diving for the next days. We checked out other places in town and this hotel is in my opinion one of the best choices at a very reasonable price - 650 pesos for a double room upstairs ( low season ). Very impressing !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
maxico75, Propietario at Posada Pachamama, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Portoroz, Slovenia
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This place is great! Even if I didn`t book a room before, I was served immediately and offered a room with beautiful view. Rooms are very nice and clean, which is most important to me. Employees are very friendly and professional, and they make a grate coffe!
The ambiance is very frendly. If I will have the oportunity to go back, I will definitely book a room in this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Maja C
Mahahual, Mexico
Reviewed April 22, 2012

hi people. i been in posada pachamama the 5th april 2012 and i can say this place is wondeful. the restaurant make very good food like paella and slices of the pizza so good. the rooms have everything with all service, tv ,safebox, and also are very cleans. the staff are very educate and professional, the owners even better. if you looking something to enjoy your holiday: you must come in this hotel. is one of the best hotels i been around the world.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at Pachamama for 10 nights and had good time there.
On the Christmas day and New Year's eve, we received half bottle of sparkling wine as their courtesy.
They offer breakfast from 7:00am and it was perfect for us to go out for scuba diving.
The room is not really large to dry all the diving equipment but it was OK and they have also balcony to do it outside.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Villahermosa, Mexico
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We got our reservation thourgh their home page, and we got and email back, saying that we need to deposit if we wanted the rooms, I wrote back asking for their bank info, then they wrote back saying that the type of room I requested wasn´t available, they offer me 2 rooms stead, then I asked for the new ammount and no answer, then I call the hotel, and spoke with the owner, he told me not to worry, that he did not have time to give me the new amount, he asked me to show the next day and pay for the rooms while we do the check in.

We arrived after driving 6 hours, took our baggage and surprise no rooms available, the front desk clerk spoke with him and he just said no room no rooms. I requested speak with him and he just denied.

In their home page they brag about beeing the number 1 in trip advisor, my experience with this hotel starts with the reservation and the booking proccess that it is very bad. The personal has no experience and it just seems nobody know anything but the owner.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Galindo76
maxico75, Owner at Posada Pachamama, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Good morning mr Galindo,
You send me a reserved email on 07 of septiember 2011. I replied the same day with an email and I wrote you the available of two familiar rooms for 6 people and its rates.
Then you didn t told me nothing untill the 13 of septiember 2011.
That day I send you an email where I told you that we didn t have more rooms availables for 6 people. Ok?
One day before of your arrive the 15 of septiember 2001, you phoned me and You told me about the rooms,but I told you that I haven t the rooms for 6 people but i have just a rooms for 4 people.
You told me that you woulded that rooms but i explained to you that one day before we don t acept reservations with out deposit, and because I can t check the deposit on the bank because was closed that day. And second we dont acept reservation one day before for overbooking problem.This is the reservations politic of the hotel and it is write on webside.So I told you to check the disponibility the day of your arrive at the front desk.
I know that you work for an hotel group in Villahermosa so i think that you have to know about the overbooking problem.I repit, my politic of reservation is clean and write on the website so the next time that you program your holiday do it three or four day before and no one day before your arrive in a place,because maybe sometimes you couldn t found an available room.So is better write the real thing and not another things on your review.I tell you the truth since the first day of your reserve.Maybe there was a missunderstanding the day before your arrive when I told you that we dont acept the reservation for overbooking problem and for my reservation politic,but was not my error.So i don t know where is the problem,maybe was hard to found another hotel in Mahahual that day but I repit was not my error.

have a good day
switzerland
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We've stayed 2 nights at Pachamama and we would absolutely recommend this hotel again!
The owners and their employees are super kind and helpful. Rooms are pretty and very clean.
There are free canvas chairs and parasols included.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandro & Anja, Switzerland