We stayed in a Mayan suite, and all started out well. We had stayed at a Colonial Mayan Suite 4 years ago. There was really no welcome back, and even though we turned in the card telling when we wanted the room serviced the room was not touched our first full day there. The second issue was the onset of diarrhea the third day for my wife and fourth for me. My wife being a nurse is so cleanliness conscious she brought her own sanitizing wipes, chlorine wipes, and hand sanitizer. If it was our fault I would be sick 24/7/365. The last straw was our hot water heater went out the fourth day when we got to the room after being at the beach all day. After the butler came and checked it he said a guy would be by shortly to fix it. An hour + later a guy came and tested the water with a thermometer, and agreed that it was not working, then left without telling us any more. I called the front desk again after another hour and they said they would see that someone come check it out, when I said that had already happened they said a manager would get in touch with us. I said I wanted a room with hot water. It was 7:00 and we had missed our seating at our restaurant. At 7:30 they called and said they were moving us to another room and would send a guy to pick up our stuff. We had already packed, so I said we were ready and would like my steak medium and my wife wanted coconut shrimp. Since we had missed our dinner reservation I would like them to see into it. They would have to get permission. We got to our room, got our food, and settled in for the evening. Then a manager asked that I come to the lobby to discuss my issues with the resort. I said I could do that in the morning at 8 at El Jardin for breakfast. Manager did not show, so after breakfast I went to the lobby and he came out and told me that an incident with another guest who yelled at my wife could not be resolved, but gave his sincere regrets from the resort. "And what about no maid service, and the hot water?" I asked. He responded that he didn't know about that but was sure it would be handled, and walked away. Every time we had something happen it was first because we had done something wrong, or didn't know what we were talking about, or we'll look into it until you demand we do something about it and get huffy.
Over all it is too big a resort, and very poor customer relations. The beach is nice, and the servers were very good. The royal pool servers were great. The Japanese show was very good, but the fried rice was the best dish served. The Brazilian was quantity over quality and the meat was cooked way to quickly or was of inferior quality. The coconut shrimp is their best dish. The steak was good, the lobster over cooked, and the lamb chops were tough. Breakfast was very good at El Jardin. We are not buffe people so we ate the sandwiches at the beach, which were fillers. We did get to see a turtle hatch and that was fun. I would not recommend this resort and will not go back. If you go USA transport was easy and private.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TRS Yucatan consists of 130 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, exclusive swimming pool with Jacuzzi, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bar with premium beverages, room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pool sun beds and an exclusive restaurant. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Palladium Hotel Group, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your TRS Yucatan by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- TRS Yucatan By Palladium Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico