My husband and I were at the Royal Suites for our 5th time from July 19-29/14. Our previous trips were amazing so we decided to spend more and stay 10 nights. Firstly, I want to thank Luis at the pool bar....he is amazing. Also, Andres and Samuel at El Jardins. Both of these gentlemen made our dinners enjoyable. Their customer service was outstanding. Andres, greeted us each night and prepared my wife a special dinner of her favourite foods. THANK YOU Andres.
However, we too ended up without air conditioning for 5 nights of a 10 night stay. We were very disappointed with the way the situation was handled. There was no communication from the management regarding the issue or any idea of when the air conditioning would be fixed. I do realize that things happen but it is the way we deal with things that matters. We did write a letter to the front desk and received strawberries and wine in our room.
However, we had also made comments to the bartender at the time about the foul language being used very loudly in the pool and the people wearing the bracelets (purple)for other areas of the resort at our pool. We were told that they were part of a large wedding party and were allowed to use the Royal Suites.. I guess that also meant they could use unacceptable language as well. As a professional I do not appreciate paying $5000 to listen to people swearing in the pool.
My husband filled our tub with cold water and got up twice each night to cool himself down as the rooms temperature was extremely hot and unbearable.
We have loved our previous stays but have decided that for our Nov 2014 trip we will try El Dorado Casitas as a couple that works with me at the bank highly recommends it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Yucatan consists of 130 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, exclusive swimming pool with Jacuzzi, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bar with premium beverages, room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pool sun beds and an exclusive restaurant. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico