Let's start with the positives. Nearly every server we encountered was friendly and helpful. The food is just average. The buffets have great variety and the items are fresh. There should be more top shelf liquor. Particularly vodkas (Smirnoff triple distilled was at the high end of their offerings). They could also offer DeKuyper mixers.
The biggest problems are the customer service and the front desk staff. Many parts of the resort have no air conditioning. The air conditioning has been out of service since our arrival two days ago. We gave a letter for the manager of the Royal to the front desk staff and sent copies via email to the corporate office. We have yet to receive a reply. They don't even give updates on the repairs to the equipment. The system's failure has rendered much of the resort unusable.
We can't even comfortably enjoy our room for sleep or anything else. We were told by one front desk employee that "all-inclusive didn't include air conditioning." It took this same staff 45 minutes to find our reservation. We had to call interval international from our own cell phone. We were told the staff could not make phone calls to the U.S.! Any business can have an equipment malfunction. These unfortunate circumstances have to be overcome with outstanding customer service. Royal failed miserably.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Yucatan consists of 130 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, exclusive swimming pool with Jacuzzi, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bar with premium beverages, room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pool sun beds and an exclusive restaurant. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico