TRS Yucatan Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,482 results
All reviewsroyal poolel jardinroyal sectionroyal guestslobsterbali bedsgrand palladiummayan suiteroyal cartprivate restaurantpunta emiliabutler staffprivate poolother resortstravel cluboutdoor showercart service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Had a wonderful stay at the Royal Suites! The room was good, the food very good (esp. the guac and pico), staff was most accommodating. Santos and Filroberto make spectacular drinks at the bars! Our 2nd time to stay at this location and will go back again!!!

Room Tip: If you stay at the Royal Suites ask for a room away from the "bridge" and road. Somewhat noisy at times.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank caclll
Aurora C, Gerente at TRS Yucatan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Cacll,

We also thank you for your loyalty.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Suites Yucatán.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was our second trip to the RSY for 2013. We had gone in May and had a such a great time that we thought we would do our first November trip to the Mayan Riviera. We avoid busier times like Xmas and the spring break.

As with our two previous trips to the RSY we had a great time. We stayed in a Mayan suite again because we really like having the balcony to sit on overlooking the canal. We also like how peaceful the Mayan suites are. You don't hear other guests coming and going.

The RSY lobby was under construction when we were there in May but it was finished by this trip and they did a great job. We particularly liked the lower bridge over to the RSY pool. We enjoyed the food at the buffets and the al carte restaurants. Not always gourmet quality but never a shortage of good things to eat. We even liked the house wine at El Jardin this trip.

Although we have stayed at the RSY/Grand Palladium several times we manage to find something new to do each trip. This time we went on a tour with Sian Kaan Community Tours which included a boat trip in some large freshwater lakes in the Sian Kaan, a great float on a natural lazy river and a visit to the ruins in Muyil. This tour included an excellent lunch and was very well organized. There were only 5 people in our group and the tour included a pick-up and drop-off from the resort. Highly recommended!

Our other new experience was an evening trip to Playa del Carmen to walk around 5th Avenue and for dinner. We can't believe how busy PDC is becoming but it was a very fun atmosphere. We had a nice dinner at Carboncito's which we enjoyed. The ambiance in particular was great because we sat outside, had some street musicians sing some songs and there was a thunder and lightening storm in the area (but we never got any rain). Excellent margaritas and we will return to this restaurant during our next trip.

In Playa beware of the "I know you from your resort - I work at the bar - come see my uncle's store" scam. We had two people try this on us. No big deal - just say no gracias.

We did have more rain that usual during this trip but it was never excessive or for too long. It stayed hot during the rain and one day we walked in the rain in our bathing suits from the saltwater pool back to our room. That felt really nice.

One of the reasons that we return to the RSY/Grand Palladium each year is that we know what we are getting and don't want to "risk" our trip south by being disappointed in another resort. As well, we have gotten to know some of the staff and we really appreciate how hard they work to ensure that we enjoy our trip. The RSY staff in particular are really special.

Our next trip isn't until next June. That seems so far in the future!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KeishaT

Dear KeishaT,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your last stay at The Royal Suites Yucatán.We do thank you for your loyalty.
We will share your comments with the entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was our first time here. My mother-in-law took 13 of us on a trip here in December. My husband and I had such a great time! It had been 20 years since our honeymoon at a 3 star resort just 10 miles down the beach from here. What a fabulous place for us to stay 20 years later - - 5 star resort and perfect for us and the group we were traveling with. My husband and I were in a room on the 3rd floor facing the water (jungle view - - but you could see the ocean slightly). The room was beautiful. We enjoyed the hot tub on the balcony. . . great place to watch the stars in the evening! We spent most of our days at the beach, salt water pool (My favorite!!!), and large pool with swim-up bar. We especially enjoyed the buffet restaurant and the variety of restaurants within the resort area. We spent 7 days here and had no reason to leave the resort area what-so-ever! Many, many people were at this resort, yet it never felt over crowded. The service was wonderful! :)

Room Tip: We loved our 3rd floor room. Great view of the jungle & tiny view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 13momof3kiddos

Dear 13momof3kiddos,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your last stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.
Be assured your comments will be shared with our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Suites Yucatàn.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed at the Royal Suites Jan 20-27. We had a Mayan suite room 7217 and it was the perfect location from the lobby and the pool. It was nice and quiet as well. There was one room that could see into our outdoor shower but I just showered with my bathing suit on and there is also a tub so it didn't phase me too much. There was lots of wildlife and the resort was stunning. We had a raccoon in our roof that you could hear every so often but it didn't really bother us. The resort is huge so if you don't like walking I'd go to a smaller one, we found the cart service for the royal guests was great, we never had a problem getting a ride from any of the 4 other lobbies. The food was pretty good, we ate at El Jardin most of the time. The pontoon boat was also a nice way to see the resort we really enjoyed that. All the places to stop and feed the fish... It was really an amazing place, and I would definitely suggest the royal suites in the Palladium complex! And go visit Filberto in the royal lounge, he was great! I definitely enjoyed it and would go back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tiffany B

Dear Tiffany B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your stay at The Royal Suites Yucatán.
We are happy to hear that you found the service provided by our staff to your complete satisfaction and also that we met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Suites Yucatàn.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

For our second stay this year to this wonderful resort , and the first as a Travel Club Members , we stayed at the Royal Suites Yucatan the 14/12/13 to the 21/12/13 and that was again a perfect stay for us . It is nice to go back to the same resort that you been before and most of the staff remembered me by my name and i really appreciated it !

This review is from a 23 years old man from Québec , Canada

Being part of the Travel Club give you more perks to name them ;

Concierge service prior to arrival
Concierge in the resort
Preferential access to the thematic, a la carte restaurants
Preference with room requests (subject to availability, but you have to be sure that we will do the impossible to assign you the room that you are requesting)
Preference with non motorized water sports requests
Reservation rights in the thematic, a la carte restaurants (unlimited during your stay)
Private Check-In
Special, members only bracelet to be identified in the Hotels & Resorts
Welcome Gift (with a minimum stay of 7 days)
Nightly turn down service
Transportation Airport-Resort-Airport
Tour of the Resort
Fruit basket
Welcome bottle of wine, tequila or rum
Birthday or wedding anniversary dinner
Coupons for a 20% discount on the SPA
100 $ Palladium Dollars to spend on extras

I was really impressed by the service that I receive by the Travelclub himself , they had someone waiting me at the Royal Suites when I arrive and they know that I was french so they send me someone that was a fluent french speaking person to make sure everything was okay .
Before I start I would like to say thank you again to the best staff of the resort that made our stay so enjoyable to name the one we liked the most : Filiberto , Jose luis , Isreal , Frank , Alberto , Fernanda and Aurora the Royal suites manager , she was always there for our needs and she do the impossible to make your stay the best vacation ever . You are the reason why I went back to this resort and the reason why I will be back soon !

This hotel is part of a group of 5 hotels in the same complex. We had access to the amenities in all of them. The hotels were well laid out and their was plenty of well lit walking paths as well as internal transport for those not wanting to walk. Lots of restaurants to choose from, lots of swimming to choose from, and wonderful beach area. Our hotel had it's own seperate, adult only pool, and it's own restaurant.

The new lobby again is out of mind , more bigger , more place to sit , the new check-in desk is way bigger .

I’d highly recommend getting the “Royal” treatment as the price wasn’t too much more than at the other sections and less than other resorts that we’ve been to. It was nice being able to order up a ride if we wanted to go to the beach or to the other sections of the resort , it was easy to get dinner reservations, Jardin’s and the Royal pool were nice and it was nice to not have to hassle with towel cards like the other folks had to . Free Lobster to every A la carte restaurant is also a good PLUS for us . Having acces to the SPA is a must and it is free for the Royal guest , you have to go there at least one time in your stay it is a wonderfull place to lay down and just relax .

The food throughout the whole resort is very good. There is so much to choose from, it is inconceivable that anybody couldn't find something that they could enjoy. El Jardin, the exclusive Royal Suites restaurant, has a different menu which rotates every seven days. They always make you so welcome there, and you can either eat off the a la carte menu and be waiter served, or take the buffet if you wish.

We only caught a couple of the shows in the theatres but there was definitely a good variety from what we saw on the schedule. Likewise, the daily activity schedule was extensive and seemed to have something for everything (from Bingo to Beer Drinking Contests ).

We stayed in building 69 room 6922 which I loved because it was right beside the pool. The rooms are large and open. There is a terrace with two loungers as well as a large jacuzzi tub. Some might not like the open concept of the room. The only thing enclosed is the toilet and shower and the doors do not go right to the city so it can be a bit noisy .

I could keep going and say so many good things about the Royal Suites .

Believe me u wont go wrong if you choose this resort , i've been to some others resort in the caribbean and no one get close to this one .

I would like to say again thank you to the royal suites yucatan to make my stay again a perfect week for me and I will be back soon to spend more good times there !

If you have any questions about the TravelClub or the resort himself , you can contact me by tripadvisor I will more than happy to assist you .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Mathieu F
Aurora C, Gerente at TRS Yucatan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Mathieu F.,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us. We value each guest and are honored when we are able to share these comments with our staff and other guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Á la prochaine.