TRS Yucatan Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,485 results
All reviewsroyal poolel jardinroyal sectionroyal guestslobsterbali bedsgrand palladiummayan suiteroyal cartprivate restaurantpunta emiliabutler staffprivate poolother resortstravel cluboutdoor showercart service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was our first time here. My mother-in-law took 13 of us on a trip here in December. My husband and I had such a great time! It had been 20 years since our honeymoon at a 3 star resort just 10 miles down the beach from here. What a fabulous place for us to stay 20 years later - - 5 star resort and perfect for us and the group we were traveling with. My husband and I were in a room on the 3rd floor facing the water (jungle view - - but you could see the ocean slightly). The room was beautiful. We enjoyed the hot tub on the balcony. . . great place to watch the stars in the evening! We spent most of our days at the beach, salt water pool (My favorite!!!), and large pool with swim-up bar. We especially enjoyed the buffet restaurant and the variety of restaurants within the resort area. We spent 7 days here and had no reason to leave the resort area what-so-ever! Many, many people were at this resort, yet it never felt over crowded. The service was wonderful! :)

Room Tip: We loved our 3rd floor room. Great view of the jungle & tiny view of the ocean.
1  Thank 13momof3kiddos
Aurora C, Gerente at TRS Yucatan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear 13momof3kiddos,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your last stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.
Be assured your comments will be shared with our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Suites Yucatàn.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed at the Royal Suites Jan 20-27. We had a Mayan suite room 7217 and it was the perfect location from the lobby and the pool. It was nice and quiet as well. There was one room that could see into our outdoor shower but I just showered with my bathing suit on and there is also a tub so it didn't phase me too much. There was lots of wildlife and the resort was stunning. We had a raccoon in our roof that you could hear every so often but it didn't really bother us. The resort is huge so if you don't like walking I'd go to a smaller one, we found the cart service for the royal guests was great, we never had a problem getting a ride from any of the 4 other lobbies. The food was pretty good, we ate at El Jardin most of the time. The pontoon boat was also a nice way to see the resort we really enjoyed that. All the places to stop and feed the fish... It was really an amazing place, and I would definitely suggest the royal suites in the Palladium complex! And go visit Filberto in the royal lounge, he was great! I definitely enjoyed it and would go back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tiffany B

Dear Tiffany B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your stay at The Royal Suites Yucatán.
We are happy to hear that you found the service provided by our staff to your complete satisfaction and also that we met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Suites Yucatàn.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

For our second stay this year to this wonderful resort , and the first as a Travel Club Members , we stayed at the Royal Suites Yucatan the 14/12/13 to the 21/12/13 and that was again a perfect stay for us . It is nice to go back to the same resort that you been before and most of the staff remembered me by my name and i really appreciated it !

This review is from a 23 years old man from Québec , Canada

Being part of the Travel Club give you more perks to name them ;

Concierge service prior to arrival
Concierge in the resort
Preferential access to the thematic, a la carte restaurants
Preference with room requests (subject to availability, but you have to be sure that we will do the impossible to assign you the room that you are requesting)
Preference with non motorized water sports requests
Reservation rights in the thematic, a la carte restaurants (unlimited during your stay)
Private Check-In
Special, members only bracelet to be identified in the Hotels & Resorts
Welcome Gift (with a minimum stay of 7 days)
Nightly turn down service
Transportation Airport-Resort-Airport
Tour of the Resort
Fruit basket
Welcome bottle of wine, tequila or rum
Birthday or wedding anniversary dinner
Coupons for a 20% discount on the SPA
100 $ Palladium Dollars to spend on extras

I was really impressed by the service that I receive by the Travelclub himself , they had someone waiting me at the Royal Suites when I arrive and they know that I was french so they send me someone that was a fluent french speaking person to make sure everything was okay .
Before I start I would like to say thank you again to the best staff of the resort that made our stay so enjoyable to name the one we liked the most : Filiberto , Jose luis , Isreal , Frank , Alberto , Fernanda and Aurora the Royal suites manager , she was always there for our needs and she do the impossible to make your stay the best vacation ever . You are the reason why I went back to this resort and the reason why I will be back soon !

This hotel is part of a group of 5 hotels in the same complex. We had access to the amenities in all of them. The hotels were well laid out and their was plenty of well lit walking paths as well as internal transport for those not wanting to walk. Lots of restaurants to choose from, lots of swimming to choose from, and wonderful beach area. Our hotel had it's own seperate, adult only pool, and it's own restaurant.

The new lobby again is out of mind , more bigger , more place to sit , the new check-in desk is way bigger .

I’d highly recommend getting the “Royal” treatment as the price wasn’t too much more than at the other sections and less than other resorts that we’ve been to. It was nice being able to order up a ride if we wanted to go to the beach or to the other sections of the resort , it was easy to get dinner reservations, Jardin’s and the Royal pool were nice and it was nice to not have to hassle with towel cards like the other folks had to . Free Lobster to every A la carte restaurant is also a good PLUS for us . Having acces to the SPA is a must and it is free for the Royal guest , you have to go there at least one time in your stay it is a wonderfull place to lay down and just relax .

The food throughout the whole resort is very good. There is so much to choose from, it is inconceivable that anybody couldn't find something that they could enjoy. El Jardin, the exclusive Royal Suites restaurant, has a different menu which rotates every seven days. They always make you so welcome there, and you can either eat off the a la carte menu and be waiter served, or take the buffet if you wish.

We only caught a couple of the shows in the theatres but there was definitely a good variety from what we saw on the schedule. Likewise, the daily activity schedule was extensive and seemed to have something for everything (from Bingo to Beer Drinking Contests ).

We stayed in building 69 room 6922 which I loved because it was right beside the pool. The rooms are large and open. There is a terrace with two loungers as well as a large jacuzzi tub. Some might not like the open concept of the room. The only thing enclosed is the toilet and shower and the doors do not go right to the city so it can be a bit noisy .

I could keep going and say so many good things about the Royal Suites .

Believe me u wont go wrong if you choose this resort , i've been to some others resort in the caribbean and no one get close to this one .

I would like to say again thank you to the royal suites yucatan to make my stay again a perfect week for me and I will be back soon to spend more good times there !

If you have any questions about the TravelClub or the resort himself , you can contact me by tripadvisor I will more than happy to assist you .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Mathieu F
Aurora C, Gerente at TRS Yucatan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Mathieu F.,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us. We value each guest and are honored when we are able to share these comments with our staff and other guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Á la prochaine.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Our first stay at the Royal Suites was in January 2011, our second trip was December 2013. Great to see that nothing had changed as far as their standards for excellence in service, hospitality and comfort. We absolutely love it there. The rooms are beautifully decorated, the resort is amazing and you get treated like royalty - I can't say enough about how excellent the staff are to deal with. I also love the wildlife and natural feel of the resort. I don't understand why other reviewers would ever be dissatisfied with the food, we are picky eaters and we loved it. We have stayed at other "mega" resorts in the Riviera Maya where the food was awful, the Royal Suites has by far the best tasting food. Also, their beach is one of the biggest compared to other resorts, and there were always plentiful beach chairs, which I loved because there is nothing worse than having to scramble for chairs. The nightly entertainment was top notch, loved the comedy acts and the dancers. The only thing I'd suggest as an improvement would be to possibly expand the VIP area on the beach as it was hard to find a beach bed there at times, and (more importantly) the beach in front of the VIP area was extremely rocky with lots of other debris that had washed up on shore, to enter the water on this part of the beach in front of the VIP area you have to walk over sharp rocks which is very unpleasant - this wasn't the case in 2011. Otherwise, this place is paradise for us and we will stay here again and again.

Room Tip: We've stayed on the main floor and the 3rd floor, there are no bad rooms. However there are no elevators so if you have trouble with stairs, ask for the main floor.
6  Thank Seirios

Dear Seirios,

We appreciate you taking the time to review The Royal Suites Yucatán.
We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and would like to thank you for your comments on the hotel and the staff.We will consider all your remarks.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I vacationed at this resort in November 2012 for two weeks and had an amazing time. We returned this year for New Years Eve for two weeks and I must say things changed. The one bedroom suite was beautiful and very clean, however, in order to use the hairdryer in the evening we had to shut off the air in both rooms and most lights in order for the power not to go out. This continued throughout our stay even though the problem was reported to guest services. The food has changed dramatically since last year and we were very disappointed with their offerings in El Jardin, which was a favourite restaurant last year. The last meal we had there was burnt and dried out beef medallions and coconut shrimp. We are not fussy eaters, but it was awful and we could not eat the beef at all. Our other issue was that the beach was never groomed and there was a lot of seaweed, which is to be expected, but also debris of many different types that have washed up ashore and had not been cleaned up for some time. This was not the case last year. The other big issue was that there were never enough beach lounges for people. Many times people were on their towels on the sand as there were no loungers. I don't care if you have paid $1000 or $5000, everyone should have a place to sit at the beach. Guests were entering the Royal Suites area and removing beach chairs in order to have somewhere to sit at the beach, and I don't blame them. The Royal Section was lovely but on more than one occasion people from other parts of the resort were using the facility which meant that there was not enough seating for Royal guests. Personally, we like to sit at the beach and rarely used the Royal Section.
On a positive note, the new lobby and lounge area in the Royal Suites is beautiful and the service is wonderful. Filiberto makes the best drinks and is such a gentleman. The maître d in El Jardin was also a very gracious gentleman and host and the service was very good.
New Year's Eve was a lot of fun and the entertainment at this resort is some of the best we have seen. However, with that being said, we decided to move to another resort for the remaining 8 days of our vacation, and had a wonderful time. We were very sad to see the decline in the resort and for that reason we will not return. Royal Suites was a beautiful piece of heaven and can be again if management takes the time to address some of these issues.

8  Thank miss d
Aurora C, Manager at TRS Yucatan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear cyndysue,

First and foremost, thank you for your comments about your holidays in our resort and for taking the time to share your observations. About the situations that you said in your trip report, I would like to mention that it is important for us as a hotel to know how and where we fall short and what we need to do to better meet our guests’ expectations.

We are working every day in order to improve our services and we really appreciate all comments that help us to be a better hotel.

Thanks again and please, feel free to contact us if you decide to visit us again, so we can do our best to take care about your reservation and I’m sure you will appreciate the improvements in our service.

Kindest regards,