6,413 results
All reviews preferred club seaside grill market cafe el patio coco cafe sea turtles beach concierge tropical view preferred room unlimited vacation club building concierge entertainment team room service fish beautiful resort french restaurant bike tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved our stay at the Akumal. We came for total relaxation and this is what we got. The staff are amazing, restaurants great and the beach was looking good also. This hotel has got it exactly right when looking after their guests. The hotel did an amazing job of taking care of everyone - loved how peaceful the resort was.

Date of stay: September 2019
SecretsAkumal, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ke1410,

We would like to express our gratitude for the comments you made about your recent visit, help us understand how our guests experience their stay with us. Our goal is always to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and we are delighted to know that your vacation at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya was a perfect time of relaxation.

We hope to have soon the pleasure of being your hosts again in your next vacation in the Riviera Maya.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I truly wish I could make this a 5 star rating. If it weren’t for some of the amazing staff members it definitely would’ve been a 2 star rating.

The air conditioning in all rooms was absolutely terrible. I sweated in my sleep too many times. This isn’t acceptable at all! As well as at the club Desires

My group and I also received multiple “noise complaints” while we were at the main pool for having our speaker on. We were also told to respect other guests that were there to relax, but we were not at the “relaxation pool”
I also received a complaint from the concierge while I was in my room at 4PM! No noise was being made.

All of the staff members seemed to love us and were upset when they had to tell us to quiet down. Most of the guests seemed to love us as well. Asking us to higher the volume on our speakers and taking shots with us.

I think i was more upset knowing that my family and I had 5 swim out rooms all in the same building and we weren’t even comfortable using it because of the complaints received.

Lizbeth (a waitress at the main pool) was the sweetest person we encountered. She took care of us every single time we were at the pool. Many other guests seemed to love her as much as we did. We chanted her name at least 7 times a day

Jordan (apart of the entertainment staff) made sure to check on us before every activity. He truly engaged with sooo many of the guests and made the stay so much fun. He also knew most of us by our first names.

Pamela (apart of the events team) took care of us the entire trip. She made sure we had tables at events and even suggested Oceana when we couldn’t get a table at Bordeaux.

I hope this review helps the resort cater to all guests not just the ones “relaxing” their entire stay. I mean a group of 15 loved by so many staff members and not properly being catered to while other guests are so rude to them makes no sense.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Jmarieerosa,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed overview of your stay through this mean. Our guest’s feedback is truly appreciated in our constant commitment to make a memorable experience.

We appreciate your kind words for our staff, their kindness and helpfulness being undoubtedly one of our hotel's main assets we will definitely congratulate them all on your behalf for their contribution to your wellbeing whilst staying among us.
In addition, we strongly believe that there is always room for improvement and your constructive critics will assist our team in their continuous efforts aimed at meeting our guests' expectations.

We look forward to have the honor of welcoming you back home to offer you a truly remarkable experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I went with another couple to Secrets Akumal in early August. This was our 2nd trip to this resort and we met the couple we went with at this resort the previous year.

Room: The room was spacious and nice. Unless you're preferrred the Ocean view isn't very impressive. It is a long walk to the main pool if you're not preferred but the resort is gorgeous so it wasn't too bad.

Snorkeling: AMAZING and one of the highlights of my trip. I do recommend brining your own snorkel gear so you can get out early or late when the turtles are most active. If you're not able to find any turtles be sure to ask around and you'll get plenty of advice on where to find them. I was dissappointed to see a good amount of dead coral. I'm not sure how they can prevent this but I hope it doesn't continue.

Food: I love all inclusive food! If you don't like what you get, you can always order something else (though I never had that problem). My favorite restaurant was Portofino.

The pool was where we spent the majority of the time. We loved the activities, the service, food, and extras such as the ice cream cart. We played pool volleyball, pool basketball, I did a pool exercise class, and played Black Jack and Bingo. Shout out to Rene on the Entertainment Team, Lisbeth our waitress at the pool, Carlos and Benjamin the pool bartenders who always remembered my order, and Hector (who waited on us in the pouring rain last year). We would have had a good trip at this resort, but these people are what made it excellent. Thank you!

We can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: August 2019

Dear KatieLS191,

We thank you for making Secrets Akumal your choice hotel for a second visit and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience. It is indeed very rewarding to read that we keep on meeting all your holiday needs and wishes every time.

We are very glad to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one and we appreciate your wonderful comment about the staff and our property. We will share your feedback with the Operations staff, especially with Rene, Benjamin, Liz and Carlos, we are sure they will be pleased to know their efforts have been appreciated.
Thank you for follow the authorities regulations and help us in our continuous effort to preserve these wonderful species!

We look forward to have you back at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya, your home in the Mexican Caribbean.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I have been fortunate enough to visit many of the all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean and the Mayan Riviera. Now we spend 95% of our vacation time at Secrets Akumal. To rate this resort is to tell you why. #1. Top Shelf liqueurs and nicely prepared drinks, and always served with a greeting and a smile. #2. Top of the line food and service. Pick your favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ours for lunch is the Seaside Grill. But only when we aren't picking something that was prepared poolside. Try the Paella!!! #3 Visit here a few times and you find that soon enough you're going back to see your friends. This is what really makes Secrets Akumal home away from home for me. Not to mention that if you are a Scuba Diver like i am and you love Sea Turtles like I do. There's really no better place I've been to interact with logger heads and green sea turtles. Do not touch them Please!!! You may harm them gravely if you do. To mention those we have enjoyed getting to know and look forward to seeing again very soon. Next Saturday, in fact...David & Samual (Beach Concierge). Love you guys!!! Lazaro, Benjamin, Luis, Efrain & Alberto (Sea Side Grill), Jose (Half Time Sports bar), Cecilio (French Restaurant), Pedro, Yamaly & Estaban (Beach waiters),Paulina & Liszeth who are also waiters and not to forget Jesus our bell man. You can't go wrong trying this place. The rooms are very nice, 24/7 room service delivered promptly. Nice amenities, nice spa, nice pools. Great Time!!!

Room tip: Love the swim outs
Date of stay: May 2019

Dear Rhonda C,

Thank you for choosing Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya as your host and taking the time to share your experience in Tripadvisor.

Thank you for referencing so many of our team members by name and for your very nice compliments, they do work very hard every day to make sure our guests feel well attended to at all times and definitely they are an asset to our resort. We will certainly relay your praising comments to all of them and we are sure they will be pleased to know their efforts have been appreciated.
Also, we appreciate that you follow the authorities regulations and help us in our continuous effort to preserve these wonderful species!

Our team look forward to welcome you home in a future occasion.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great week at Secrets Akumal, group of 15 with one plan HAVE FUN. Mission accomplished. I want to start with our favorite employee Lizbeth,Lizbeth she was our waitress at the main pool and what a doll we wanted for nothing . She took care of our food and drinks and on top of that she’s a sweetheart. Smiling and laughing with everyone we all love her to death. She’s the best. The Entertainment group is the best out of the three Secrets we’ve stayed at and the others were really good. Jordan, Mariana, Jonas , Juanito , Rene and Tania we’ll miss you. We had a blast sorry for blowing the Jenga time budget. Thanks for all the fun activities. The food was good and the service was great.

What kept me from giving 5 stars were a few little things
1 - Air conditioning
Desires was unbearable there’s no ventilation or air conditioning at the club

Also the AC in the room was substandard

2- Music by the pool

The resort has 3 pools, one that’s designated the quiet pool but still there was no music besides when there’s an activity by the main pool ( aerobics or spin) meanwhile we were asked to lower our speaker, which by the way was attracting other guests and wasn’t that loud. Maybe instead of asking us to quiet down in the main pool with the swim up bar, they could suggest the other two pools which were quiet. You should cater to all your guests

3- Men’s dress code

First Secrets I’ve been to including The Vine that made you wear slacks for dinner. So much so that the boutique in the resort alters slacks because so many men bring Bermuda shorts not slacks. Also at the seaside grill by the pool no tank tops or sleeveless shirts and the same at the market cafe for the breakfast buffet. Seems a little extreme in my opinion

These things kept me from making it a five and honestly if not for the Lizbeth and the entertainment group that may just keep me from returning there.

Nevertheless I had a great time there and I will return hopefully the suggestions will be heard

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Rrosa323

Dear Rrosa323,

We greatly appreciate the time you spent to review your recent experience in our resort, we always strive to exceed guests' expectations and your comments will help our teams reaching that goal.

Thank you for your very nice compliments for our team, they do work very hard every day to make sure our guests feel well attended to at all times and definitely are an asset to our resort. We will certainly relay your praising comments to all of them and we are sure they will be pleased to know their efforts have been appreciated.
In addition, we value your detailed suggestions as our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and we will consciously revise all of your remarks.

We certainly look forward to serving you again and to have the opportunity to exceed you expectations in a not too distant future.

Warm Regards,