Got back on Tuesday and I just have to say WOW!
We had a fabulous week! Where do I start??!
The hotel is so impressive. Lovely white low-rise buildings which glow at night. Huge modern lobbys, very spacious. Check-in went smoothly, champagne on arrival & we upgraded to building 19, top floor ocean view.
The rooms are so lovely and big. Jucuzzi bath was brilliant & bathrobes & slippers provided.
Being honeymooners, we had champagne, tequila & fruit delivered on our first night. The next morning we had fresh juice, fruit & muffins/pastries delivered to us for breakfast & also a basket of bath lotions. We were feeling very spoilt!
The food was great! Much better than I expected, as it was my first all inclusive. I didn't expect as much choice as there was....I had a full plate everyday with all different foods!!!
We tried the Japanese which was FAB! Lots of fun & the food was delicious too. It was a great experience & the chef was so good at it!
Next we did the Mediterranean which was very nice but nothing special.
We then did Italian which was great.
Cocktails were so yummy!
The staff made this holiday even more special. Fernando the bellboy is a legend! Great guy, always giving us a lift back to our room, always smiling.
Everywhere you go, you get a smile and a "Hola!". They really couldn't do enough for you. Always checking everything's ok with your holiday.
The pools were great, we spent half our time in the lazy river with a cocktail in hand! The resort was at 30% occupancy which meant it was so peaceful & we had the lazy river & lagoon pool to ourselves most of the time!!!
The beach was also lovely, a little rough on your feet at times but sandy and soft in other places.
I tried the spa. I had a "lomi lomi massage" on the beach which was so relaxing & great value too.
We watched two of the shows. The tribute act which was a lot of fun & also the circus which was very impressive!
The only thing we didn't really check out was the disco.
All in all, we had an amazing honeymoon & made an excellent choice with the Grand Sirenis. We absolutely loved being there & can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico