Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
15,387 results
All reviewslazy rivermayan beachhealth barice cream parlourel ranchohole in the walla la carte restaurantsfishfrosted glassthe lion kingtime sharewater circuitquiet poolbeach barmain buffetjuice barspider monkeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We Have just returned from the Sirenis Hotel it was a relaxing Holiday, but Hotel is not really a 5 star the main pool is losing its tiles and it is not paticularly clean lots of people had to change rooms at least 3 times as the rooms were not really clean. We also had money taken from our room, we were not the only ones quite a few people suffered the same thing. We also found the Hotel was too cut off from other places we couldnt just walk out of the Hotel, we normally like to walk out to other places but that was not possible without a hefty taxi fare.We booked a day and half day trip with thomas cook our holiday company that was really expensive so be aware when booking and ask if its suitable for things like walking and the Heat, The staff and the Animation team were fantastic ,the shows the Animation team done was great if it hadnt been for them it really wouldnt have been a good Holiday.

Room Tip: Really need to pay extra and have a beach front room.
3  Thank BRAPO
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel from the 19/5/12 and after 10 and 1/2 hour on the plane then having to waight another 3 hourd to arrive by coach after waiting for other people I was ready to drop. We checked in and the Reception looks very grand I was a little impressed at first we were shown to the room and on the the opening of the door I said no way am I staying in that room the smell was really bad so we were shown another and it also was as bad so we went to the top floor to see another room and that one was ok so we said yes. The meals in the dinning hall near reception were nicer than the so called AL A CART they don't know what it means. And the men on the desk on the bottom floor of your building are only there to con you into going to the time share which I think should be stopped. The pools were nice and the staff were all great no fault there but its all about taking your money, and I wouldsay to anyone going there should not book up with thomas cook as theyare a rip off too. find you own trip and you will save a lot of money.And can I just say one more thing that I was never bitten from a mosie but nearly everyone was bitten from the buggs ib the beds and in the lobby from the large chairs I told the reception many times that the hotel was only about a 3 or 3+ no more. I have stayed in 5* hotelsaround the world and this is no where near at all and it about 40 mins to Playa carman by local bus and is only 35 mexican paso each and each way hope this help . This would not put me off going back to mexico again even though this was our first time but I would make sure I would check were the hotel was and to make sure it wasn't to far from the shops ect and the rain was really bad we had 5 days out of 14 but they said that the hurcan season came 6 weeks early this your hahaha we had 2 Albert and bert

Room Tip: Ask to be put in the other hotel because there are 2 hotels in one Not the Grand Sirenis our room was ok but not great for location room 1240
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My fiance and I've stayed at this hotel for two weeks from May 22, 2012 - June 1, 2012. The customer service at concierge and the staffs are very friendly and helpful. The food was very tasty but lot of sodium.
The room was very spacious and cleaniness , but the only bad condition is that there's no wall between the room and the bathroom it just has a half piece glass separation rather than a full wall. Also lots of insects coming into the room including a huge scary black spider.

Beside that during our first week we went shopping at Walmart in the playa del Carmen. Also went to discover the mayan ruins ChiChen itza and cenote, it was magnificent.
On the last week of our stay, We have so much fun floating on the tube at the Lazy river only if we knew that the weather wasnt raining so much.

I would like to recommend these two great people:

FERNANDO CALDERON was an awesome Best Day repesentative and very helpful when it comes to picking out the right excursion package, also willing to go beyond helping out the travellers with their needs.

MAURICIO HERNANDEZ was a very nice spa salesperson/ massage therapist.

Room Tip: Please advise when it comes to booking a room please ensure and inquire where your room location before finalize your decision. We did not have a great view from our balcony it was scary which we were facing tons of trees and no oceanview. If you want the oceanview you have to pay additional price for it.
6  Thank Shirley L
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from spending two weeks at the Grand Sirenis Rivieria Maya hotel. The room was huge with two double beds The bathroom was tastefully decorated with marble surrounds, it had a huge jacuzzi bath a double shower and seperate toilet.lots of room. The only downside was that we were on the 3rd floor which meant we had to climb two flights of stairs as I have a phobia of lifts and so could n't use the one situated on our landing.The food in the buffet restaurant was excellent, plenty of variety and cooked really well. There were several a la carte restaurants. We went to the Mediterreanean ,fab food wonderful mussells and huge prawns an extremely enjoyable meal and evening. We also enjoyed the food at the Creole restaurant so much that we went there twice.The quality of food and the standard of service was second to none.The El Rancho steak house was also good if you like steak. Was disappointed with the Mexican restaurant, it didn't live up to my expectations and we didn't enjoy the Brazilian restaurant too much meat which was served one course after another with no other accompaniments . The standard of cleanliness in the rooms was very good, the rooms were cleaned daily. Cleaning in the public areas was an ongoing committment especially around the pool areas and the public toilets. The staff were very friendly in the restaurants and bars especially Fabia who worked in the lobby bar. She went out of her way to make you welcome and was very friendly.Only downside was the constant time share sales pressure.We advised the concierge in our block that we ween't interested but they persisted in leaving notes in our room asking us to take the tour of the presidential suites aside from this they were very good at resolving any niggling problems we had with our room. eg patio door not closing and the TV not working, they came and resolved these issues within 15 mins of requesting assistance. All in all a great holiday and well worth the money.Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

6  Thank Jean O
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We just returned from this resort on June 2, we were there for a week. What a great vacation we had, just wish the weather would have been a little better. But this resort is wonderful. When we first arrived, we thought it was gigantic and we kept hopping on the shuttle golf cars that roam around. But after a few days, we realized that it's really not as big as we thought and we walked everywhere. Here's a summary:
Rooms: Very spacious and comfortable. While we were there, we decided to upgrade to their Premium Membership Club, and we moved rooms to an oceanfront suite, which was spectacular. Even the beds were super-comfy.
Food: Excellent. Much better than most cruises we have been on. Loved that there were so many restaurant options. We loved the Japanese, but I think the Cajun "Bayou" was my favorite. My husband liked the Italian and I've heard the Brazilian was very good too. Next time, we'll do the French because we will definitely be back!!!
Activities: very fun, we hung out at the pool bar and the activities were great. A few times, we put our 11 and 8 year old boys into the kids club so my husband and I could go to the spa, and the kids had a blast.
Spa: Go and do the complimentary water massage circuit! It was wonderful!
Entertainment: We went to most of the nightly shows and they were very very good. Loved the Lion King!
Staff: So friendly and accommodating! They called our room several times just to check in and see if we needed anything. One time, we asked for a wake-up call and it came in the form of a knock on the door, but it was 20 minutes late. So use your phone alarm as a backup. Tried it again and it was an on-time call.
All in all, we had a wonderful time and are happy that we upgraded to their club. We plan on visiting their resort in Punta Cana, Dominican next year, and then looking forward to their newest resort in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: Since we were with RCI, they gave us building 18, near the pool and main lobby area. Wonderful location.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family