Friends at the Serinas hosted us for a day at the resort. they were very pleased with what they were experiencing and wished to share it, we are condo folks and never do the AI thing. Started the day started off with a massive very good breakfast in a humoungous dining room, set up to handle hundreds of guests.. Some time prior to our arrival our friends had been down to the beach and "towelled" several loungers at the beach. We were several rows back from the water because many others had been up at 6 or 7 o'clock and "towelled" the prime locations. Our towels had tanned for about three hours by the time we arrived but they were happy to see us. We then nestle down with several hundred other sunworshippers to soak up the sun and to make a few short jaunts to the water and a couple of beers served by a nice waitress. Next up, lunch on the beach from a near by snack bar. Still bloated from the massive breakfast we had shrimp prepared right there and buffalo wings which were quite excellent. Our hosts had not "towelled" places at one of the pools so there were no spots at the better pools for us. We did manage to find room at a pool with a very active swim up bar. It was fun watching the inebriated young people learning sexy line dances and an ironman competition involving chugging beer, carrying a lime on a spoon and some pushups.....we had to clear our family out of the pool so that this entertainment could take place. In the hour or so we were at this pool we salvaged 4 drink glasses from the bottom of the pool. We enjoyed a super coffee at the special coffee shop then went back to the room (with no view) to leave. fortunately our host advised us to put my wallet in the safe because the 100 pesos or so I had left in my pocket was gone. It is hard to compliment staff under this circumstance.
Overall this was a " mehhh experience" and severed to confirm reasons for not going the AI Resort for vacationing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico