We were travelling as a family of 7 -2 adults, 4 kids and a grandmother - We just got back from this resort and we loved it. The room was great - good size, clean, the mattress wasn't too bad (its never as good as home no matter where you go). We ate most of our breakfasts and lunches at the 'activities pool' buffet( which turns into the Steak House at night) and we have no complaints - good variety, great hamburgers and no one got sick. At night we either ate at the main buffet or the Steak House and we did one night at The Bayou Restaurant - we didn't love the Bayou -the staff was nice but the food we had wasn't that good ( we
talked to another couple who had ate there the same night and their food was good though so it depends on what you order). The main buffet had alot of variety and the food was good. They seemed to change the theme every night - there were mexican, italian and oriental nights that we noticed - so you weren't always having the same buffet every night.
The staff was awesome - they work so hard and long hours but were always friendly and smiling. The staff would never pass by you without saying hello or smiling.
The design of the resort is very modern but there is still alot of the natural jungle - we saw lots of animals which the kids found very exciting. The pools were great - we hung out alot by the activities pool - the activities going on were not too loud or obnoxious like at some other resorts we've been to in the past and there were activities for all ages. The beach was lovely, its a protected cove and the snorkeling is good, we saw lots of varieties of fish.
You never have a problem finding chairs on the beach or at the pool. We loved the lazy river.
We were never approached by anyone about timeshares - there was a note put in the door one day inviting us to a brunch or something which I assumed was probably the timeshare presentation - we just ignored it was never mentioned.
There are shows every night at the hotel and they were great entertainment - the Rock 'n' Roll show was awesome.
Our 6 year old went into the kids club twice and really liked it - the staff was really good with the kids . They take them to the beach, feeding the fish, the lazy river, the ice cream place, they even take them for lunch for you and have a movie later in the day.
This is a very large resort but it is not hard to get around, there are short cuts you can take to get to places quicker. You felt very safe here as well.
No surprising fees when we went to check out - everything was very smooth going.
We are pretty easy going people but if there were things to complain about we would be listing them. We were VERY happy with everything and are even trying to figure out how to get back there again next year. If you are going on a trip to have fun, enjoy the pool and beach and hang out with your family at a safe fun resort, then this is the place. If you are people who tend to find the negative in things and let little things ruin your trip then you aren't really going to be happy anywhere you go. We've been to the Mayan Riviera 7 times now and this place is wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico