Rooms: Very nice, especially the Mayan Suites with their outdoor private showers. Some room's decks with spas lack privacy so be sure to ask for a private location if you are looking for romantic times.
Location: Spectacular bay on the Riviera Maya with good swimming, sailing, snorkeling. Set in the jungle so although the resort is huge it seems very quaint. On Friday night May 1, 2009 I was walking down one of the main pathways between the rooms and saw only vegetation and heard only the ocean. It was peaceful and beautiful.
Value: The Best! Multiple fine dining restaurants, room service, free mini bars, upgraded rooms and sections are less expensive than other resorts, multiple free activities, including hobie cats, kayaks, tennis, etc. Lots of great pools. A private beach at least a half mile long with a great snorkeling area. Look at the online reviews, this resort rates up there with many of the most expensive resorts when it comes to customer reviews. If you want high end then there are better resorts but you will pay a lot more.
Cleanliness: Spotless grounds and rooms. Very beautiful.
Service: Very good and always working to be better. If anything goes wrong let them know and they will fix it quickly. Our golf cart pick up to take us to an al a carte restaurant was a little late and we were going to miss our reservation so they call and rescheduled and got us right in and we had a fruit basket waiting in our room to apologize. The resort monitors independent websites devoted to the resort and takes suggestions and actually implements them. We have gone two years in a row and highly recommend this resort to everyone. If you are a first class snob then this may not be your place, for everyone else this place exceeds expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico