We came back last week (27 jan.2009 to 4 feb. 2009) from the Grand Palladium Riviera Royal Suite. This is our first trip under the sun so maybe my review can’t represent a comparison with others resorts. First of all, I want to tell that Royal treatment worth the extra money.
Initially, I reserved a Royal Suite. When we arrived, I received my room. It’s first floor building 71. Room # 7107. Room is beautiful but have a smell of garbage and humidity. I don’t know why but I ask to front desk to change for another room. The resort was full but the lady find a Junior Royal Suite in building 69. Room # 6936. Very, Very beautiful room. Panoramic view of ocean and royal pool because it’s on the corner of the building and near the royal pool. We got the room the day after but I very very satisfied that the lady to the front desk change my room. I know that Royal Suite have king size bed, and we are lucky to receive a Junior Royal Suite with King Bed. But we prefer the Junior Suite instead of Suite. More light of the sun and more interesting to talk with my wife during I’m on the bed and she’s in the open bath. If we go back to Royal one day, I will reserve for Junior Suite. During the week, we haven’t time to use the jaccuzi.
It was very peaceful place and no noise in the morning and during the night. The room is very beautiful and clean.
Royal Lobby –
We really appreciate the royal lobby. Free Internet (however, windows is in Spanish hihihi ) a bartender that is very sympa and not a lot of people and smoke.
Wow !! El Jardin. What a good place to go. We tried some A la carte during the week but we prefer the El Jardin for breakfast and for dinner. My wife cooks delicious food at home (often, the meal my wife cooks are better than restaurant). So, for us the A la carte (except El Jardin) are good, not exceptional. The salmon and steak at El Jardin are so delicious. We like the El dorado and Rib’s and More. The rest of the week, we eat all the time to El Jardin except for lunch. We always eat at Kabah Buffet. The interior buffet of Riviera. We like a lot this buffet. Like it more that A la carte restaurants. Lots of choice and the food is hot. Red wine are very good and beer too. Employees at each restaurant and buffet are very friendly and always ask us if everything is ok. You can reserve the A la Carte restaurant at the Royal Lobby and each time, we waiting only 5 minutes at the restaurant before assigning a place.
We stayed during the week all the time at the left section of the resort (Left of the Kanthena). Where the seadoo are (in the front of the Royal Beach Section). The section of the beach are beautiful. Without water shoes, you can go into the water. We tried Royal Bali Bed but we prefer to be on the beach. If you do snorkling, go in front of the Riviera (in front of Punta Emilia beach bar). I have seen lot of beautiful fish.
Each day in the afternoon, we leave the beach and go to the Royal Pool. All pools are cold but not so terrible. In Quebec, it’s normal to go in the pool when it is cold. But after 1 minute, everything is ok. We REALLY appreciate the NO NOISE ambiance of the Royal Pool. We really like Virginio when I put new age music. Maybe not only Virginio put this music. Wow, lot of pleasure in this pool and it is near our room. Pool are clean. Each day at 6:00hrs a.m., employees clean the pools.
This resort is very beautiful. I really appreciate the fact that the resort kept the Mangrove, want’s to preserve the quality of the environment, have lot of animals. Even if the resort is not new (anyway, new resort mean new employees and often, not a good service), it was THE RESORT for us. I one day we go back to Mexico, without hesitation we will choose the Grand Palladium Riviera Royal Suite.
I finish this review with important things for all of you :
1. Take care of the property of resort (put your garbage in the trash, not in the trees)
2. Don’t assume that you pay for this trip and an employee will clean your mess for you. Don’t drop your cigarette on the beach.
3. Be gentle with everyone. Theses peoples work hard so stay recognizing
4. We must respect the culture of Mexican and the fact that they don’t speak english very well (seem like me). Stop writing in review that people don’t speak English, it’s normal, it’s their country. They are the host and we are the invited. So, it’s normal to respect everyone. I don’t want that Riviera Maya become an American Place. I want to have the feeling that I’m in another place in the world. NOT in U.S.A. It’s not because we paid lots of dollar that we are the KING.
We missed Grand Palladium now and each day we go to www.palladiumaddict.net to see the Beach and Royal Pool Web Cam in order to remember the fantastic week we have. Now, we are back to Canada with - 25 degree Celsius and lot of snow, it’s a big trauma !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico