Had a great time. There were 4 couples that went. Two booked to the Whitesands and 2 booked in the Riviera. We ended up right beside each other. It was wonderful.
The regular room is very nice, lots of room. The suites have a seperate living room. Which was nice when we played cards late at night.
It is a quite resort. They stop serving hard liquor at midnight, but can get beer at the beach bar and the disco.
Make sure you check out the spa. It is included. It has a pool, steam room, dry heat room, rock walk , two warm pools.
There is also a games room in one of the lobbies - I think it is the Kantenah which has pool tables, fooze ball tables, there are also card bars.
There are four resorts hooked together. The Whitesands and the Riviara are in one complex and the Colonial and Kantenah are in another. You can walk through them all. There are 4 distinct lobbies. For example, if you enter the Whitesands lobby and start walking by the restaurants you will hit the Riviera Lobby. There is also a little train that takes you from lobby to lobby (all 4)
The food was very good, no problems getting into any ala cart.
There is lots of walking. Which is good, because you will do alot of eating and drinking.
I don't know if it is a slow season, but nothing was crowded. There was eight of us, we had no problem sitting together at any time.
There was all ages, but it was probably the most quiet resort we have been to.
The snorkling at the beach was fantastic. We saw tons of fish, squid, and rays. The coral reef is right there.
We went to Talum ruins. Go to the Kantelenah lobby, walk to the street - cross- and take the Collectiva 25 pescos each. 20 min. Tell the driver where you are going so he can tell you to get out. The ruins were 50 pescos each, we also took a guide, which was worth it. When we were there 10 pescos = 1 Cdn dollar.
Can exchange $ at hotel - any lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico