My mother and I traveled to the Grand palladium riviera resort last week, along with my sister and brother in law. They own their own travel business, specializing in wedding destination vacations for couples in southern manitoba. They recommended this resort to stay at, because of the positive feedback from couples who booked with them. I am not surprised after our week long stay. Our vacation didnt start off that well. We ordered a room with two double beds. Our room that we were given had one queen size bed. My mother and I were not to pleased. Within a few minutes, someone knocked on our door. it was the bellboy, Eduardo, with our luggage. We told him of the situation and he took action by calling the front desk. After speaking with the desk he told us to pick up our carry on bags and he would drive us to the front lobby in his golf cart, to get this fixed. We went and spoke with the manager who gave us another room in villa 63. Eduardo drove us to the villa 63 and dropped off our luggage in the room. The time was around 6:30 pm and he drove us to the front lobby, where he pointed out where the buffet was located. We thanked him and i gave him a tip that he truly deserved. Our Room was clean and spacious. Our bathroom was big compared with other resorts we stayed at in the caribbean. We had a shower stall and a bathtub jacuzzi. Very nice. My mother liked the balcony and found it sheltered by the trees surrounding our villa.
Another thing we liked is that the resort is Celiac-friendly. My mother has a wheat allergy and our sister informed us that she was in touch with the food and beverage manager, Angel Parales. He informed us that he would meet with my mother on our first full day around 9 am. We meet him and he gave my mother a small green card that said :" palladium dietary card Celiac". She would present her card each time she went to the buffet or restaurant on this site. The Maitre'd would come over, introduce themselves and introduce her to the chef. The chefs gladly came over and explained which foods where celiac safe and good for her to eat. They would offer her a choice for dessert for lunch or dinner and deliver it to her at her table. Mom really appreciated the service and that they cared about her allergy. I enjoyed the food at the resort. We ate at the kabah buffet, tikul at kantaneh and la laguna by the pool. We enjoyed the service and how the staff greeted us each day. We also tried the restaurants too. we ate at portofino, ribs and more and la adelita. All were good and we enjoyed the food offered at each restaurant. Some restaurants fill up fast, especially the chinese restaurant, so it is a good idea to book a day in advance at the lobby. The resort is spread out. It is 5 resorts on one large complex. Bring some walking shoes or sandels when travelling to your destination. What we liked about this place, was the scenery around the resort. We would walk to the salt water pool and than follow the path leading to the beach every morning. My mother really liked the staff as well. Whether it was the serving girls at the buffet, the maintenance guys working around the resort, or the guys at the bar, when they said "hola", they really meant it and said it with a smile. We were impressed with the service and the selection of food. The resort wasn't perfect. The beach although nice to walk on and lounge around, was not friendly for swimming. On a few occasions, I stubbed my toes on rocks in knee high water. It is a good idea to wear your flippers or the waterproof shoes to protect your feet. Overall, I was glad to spend my vacation at the Riviera resort and I would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico