Grandparents with daughter-in-law and three grandchildren, 12, 12, and 10. Two week Westjet vacation. Third time to Riviera Maya, but first to Palladium Riviera. Wonderful tropical environment, exceptionally well maintained. An extremely large property with a small lake, and kilometers of trails, covered boardwalks and bridges. (Understand that Riviera and White Sands lobbies are more or less connected and share restaurants, bars, pools, shops etc. The same with the Colonial and Kantenah.) All four are easily accessible via efficiently run shuttles and are available to all without distinction. The Riviera includes the adult Royal Suites and is somewhat quieter. The Kantenah has the children's pool and seems a bit more upbeat.
Our check-in was efficient and we are our luggage were delivered to our room without delay. We had a standard junior suite which was large, clean and well maintained. Excellent air-conditioning and a well stocked, "and cold" bar fridge.
The buffets provided a good variety of standard fair food. We had no complaints. Likewise the a la carte restaurants provided a variety of good to excellent food depending upon your taste. Make a reservation at the Sumptuori and enjoy the tableside cooking show. With that exception, reservations aren't really required, particularly if you choose to eat early as we did.
The two main pools are "massive" and there is no problem obtaining lounges at any time of the day. There are also a salt-water pool, adult only pools and kids pools one of which had waterslides. Everyone seemed to have a favourite.
The beach is large, clean, well maintained and once again provided an excess of lounges. The actual swimming area is safe and reasonably large with a clean bottom although their are still a number of smooth rocks.
The staff was, without exception great. In particular we appreciated the friendliness and extra effort put forward by Riviera / White Sands bellmen Gary and Frank. If you required any assistance they looked after it.
Our opinion is that this is certainly a "family" resort. If you don't want to be around children it probably isn't for you. As a family we absolutely enjoyed all that was offered and there was never a moment that we did not feel safe and secure, or for that matter bored.
If you are looking for an excellent vacation experience on the Riviera Mayan the Palladium Resort is definitely to be recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico