I have worked in travel for the past 40 years and this is the best all inclusive I have been to. We were lucky to be upgraded to a junior suite in villa 63, which was very near to the seawater pool a lovely tranquil place with 4 poster sun beds..
Although the resort is huge there are so many ways to get around. To go to breakfast in the morning we could either walk along a wooden walkway about 10 minutes. Could walk a few minutes then catch a boat across lagoon to the buffet. or could wait at stop for transport which continually goes round resort.
We tried all 9 A la Carte Restaurants, our favourites were Ribs n More, Brazilian and Fish Restaurant down on beach. Loved the fact you dont have to book, just turn up, there is usually a 45 minutes wait but they all have bars.which serve top international brand drinks.
I,m usually critical of house wine at all inclusives but tried red, white and rose, all fine.
We usually went to the buffet in Riviera for breakfast as found the Colonial buffet a lot busier. We would liked to have tipped a few more staff at buffet as they were all so friendly and helpful, if they had a central box to place tips in, it could have been shared out more fairly.
We had one day of rain so spent it in the Spa, which I was suprised not too full and great steam room, sauna and jacuzzi.
Overall this was a fantastic holiday have already recommended it to lots of Clients. Dont usually go to the same place twice but might make this resort an exception !!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico