Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Excellent 5/5
Very Good 4/5
3,080 results
All reviewsribsthe salt water poolimperial suitefishcolonial poolel doradopunta emiliaa la carte restaurantsadult pooltravel clubbeach barone bedroom suitekids clubriviera sectionsegway tourcolonial buffetcolonial kantenah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We added the all inclusive package and it was wonderful. The staff, the food, the restaurants, the pools and the beach were all amazing! There are eight restaurants from around the world to choose from - all very good.

3  Thank tdhahn
Celia B, Directora Adjunta / Assistant Manager at Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear tdhahn,

We feel proud to read that you loved your vacation and to know that you recommend our Grand Palladium White Sand.

See you soon

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Let me start by saying be prepared to walk A LOT! The resort is enormous in size, to say the least. It's basically three connected resorts, with the jungle flora and fauna preserved on properties, creating sort of a maze within a maze. Buildings are separated by ponds, with tall bridges across. We stayed in building 58, which is beach-front property, so to get to the main buffet for breakfast for example, need to take multiple walkways on land, then cross a couple of bridges over these ponds. Now imagine doing that with a 3-year-old! We tried using the stroller, but it's even harder to get around because of all the bridges (about 15-20 steps on each side), and realized it's not fun at all hauling the stroller over the bridge.
It rained a couple of days during our stay at the resort, so marble walkways and wooden bridges were obviously very slippery, I saw people trip on puddles, even though the signs "Piso Mojado" are placed throughout, it's almost impossible to see the puddles -- the marble gets waxed!
Now for the service ...
The main buffet has a couple of hostesses, that if you're lucky enough to be greeted by them, you may actually get a table. Most of the time we just sat ourselves at the available tables, just asking the bus boy for silverware. Food is average, repeated every other day; from exotic foods, I only saw rabbit being served once, otherwise same food as in US. Junk food section, just like any restaurant, with pizzas, burgers, and french fries. If you want coffee with your breakfast, most likely will need to ask the waiter for it twice, if not three times -- they simply walk away, and don't bring you a cup with saucer, unless you literally stop them and ask again!
We made reservations at the Bamboo (Asian cuisine) restaurant, food was pretty good. Also, tried Rodizio restaurant (Brazilian cuisine), coming to a conclusion that this by far was the best restaurant at the resort, with excellent service!
Just as a precaution, know that the beach and the beach snack bar is constantly visited by racoons, who have almost no fear for humans, and can come up or climb up on chair/table, begging for food. On multiple occasions I saw people sleeping on loungers at the beach next to the bar area, with the animals coming over and simply stealing the food or overturning drink cups.
Based on our experience here, probably we will not be returning to this resort in the future.

Room Tip: Buildings closer to the beach area (56, 57, 58, 59) are more convenient, since the beach is just past the dunes, pool area is a relatively short walk away (it's closest to buildings 54-55), and also are quieter when the nightly entertainment/show starts at the Riviera main stage/lobby area (next to the Kobbah main buffet).
5  Thank Ylchk
Celia B, Directora Adjunta / Assistant Manager at Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Ylchk,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the comments about your stay in our Grand Palladium white Sand. Feedback from our clients gives us the opportunity to evaluate our development and help us to improve our services.
We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

best regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the White Sands part of the Palladium complex. I'd read mixed reviews before our recent vacation, but I think people usually write about bad experiences more often than good ones. I wanted to like this resort and here are our comments. We chose this resort primarily because we needed a true, one-bedroom suite since we traveled with our 16 year old daughter. Our suite was exactly what we needed, very large with a real separate bedroom with door and a huge bathroom in the hallway. Two balconies and high ceilings since we were on the top floor were nice too. Very clean. Our only complaint about the room was that the beds are ridiculously uncomfortable with tiny, hard pillows & we made multiple calls for extra pillow and mattress pads to no avail. We only received a mattress pad for the sofa bed after 2 days of asking. The bed had only a sheet and a bedspread. I usually toss the bedspread in a hotel for cleanliness reasons but there wasn't even a blanket for when the A/C got too cool. I used the bathrobe instead of a blanket.

This is a compilation of 4 resorts and the grounds are enormous. You will not only will you When I requested a building closer to the beach (by email the week before vacation) and upon check-in, the desk clerk laughed and said "everyone wants to be close to the beach" meaning we wouldn't be placed there. The whole resort is literally carved out of the jungle - bring plenty of bug spray and use it liberally especially in the morning and evening. We were eaten alive. Maids also leave the doors open when they clean so your room will have a mosquito population too.

The grounds are clean and well-kept. the beach is very long and the side we were on was the rocky reef part. The sandy beach part was pretty far away and looked crowded, so we just spent 2 afternoons at the beach for snorkeling. This is hard for me since I go for the beach - not the drinks or he pool.

Food is an important part of any vacation and I've been to a lot of all-inclusives. I don't expect much but have occasionally been pleasantly surprised. However, I have to say this was the worst all-inclusive food I've had. The buffets closest to us weren't even worth visiting for dessert. OK for the barest minimum breakfast (it's hard to ruin breakfast). The al la carte restaurants were accessible (especially if you go for dinner before 7:00) without reservation. The Italian food was truly awful - tasteless and under-cooked pasta- and from our table we, and the surrounding tables, watched large roaches climb the walls and run the floors around the kitchen entrance. The staff looked at them and stepped over them, but no one dispatched them, which made us feel like this was a common occurrence. I've been to Mexico many times and I know the climate encourages insects, but I've never seen evidence of them in restaurants before this trip. The only good meal we had was at the sushi/japanese steakhouse restaurant. We had great service in all, however, the negatives only concerned the food.
I can't say we'll return to this resort or recommend it to friends. The poor food and expanse of it were the biggest negatives for us along with the beds. We don't go to a resort to drink all day and sleep in a lounge chair. We took ourselves to Tulum, Xel-Ha, Playa del Carmen and twice to hang on the beach and snorkel at Akumal. We were tired at the end of the day, and between trudging across the resort, climbing the many-staired (I counted 18 on each side of the bridge), albeit picturesque bridges (why not just a simple, low drawbridge??) then climbing the 3 flights of stairs to our room (seriously - no elevators?) we really wished for a comfy bed to end the days. Yes, there are golf carts & a train to take you to different lobbies, but you will walk a lot even to and from those. We were simply too tired to fully explore the whole resort.

Room Tip: None of the tips we followed seemed to matter - we got what we got and our requests weren't honored at all.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Jarlor

Dear Jarlor,

We aprecciate your review, and is our strategic point to daily improvements.

We are conscious that it is only through our clients’ feedback that we are able to identify our shortcomings and give them a proper supervision in order to get closer to our primordial objective which is the complete satisfaction of our clients.

Thank you once more and best regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I would recommend!!!!
The pro's:
The staff was friendly and helpful. Service in the restaurants was great. The food was Excellent, huge variety and quality & presentation was excellent. Don't miss the Brazilian steak house-Amazing. The pools were beautiful and the whole facility was clean and well kept. There is a really cool salt water pool too. The rooms were very nice and housekeeping did a nice job.
The Con's: make sure you get a closed bathroom if traveling with a family, unless you don't have a issue with no privacy. The shower and toilet rooms were right off the main bed room. The sink was also in the open, so the noise was right in the middle of the room. The beds were not very comfortable, stiff and noisy. Distance from the airport- took us 2 1/2 hours to get to the airport. If you hire private transportation, you can probably shave almost an hour off that. Bring bug spray or repellent, as the mosquitos were everywhere, all day.
Overall, this is a great resort. The nightly entertainment was good, a different show every nite.

Room Tip: If you want any privacy, be sure to request a closed bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chris d

Dear chris d,

Best regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Let me start with our wedding:

We got married on the beach with a Mayan Ceremony our wedding coordinator Rocio Recinas was absolutely FANTASTIC my wife had a few questions before the wedding and we had several odd request but she always made sure we were happy and pleased. The wedding it self was about a 50 people wedding with out of state people and some locals. From the moment we arrived to the resort to the moment the wedding ended it was 100% relaxing we did not have to worry about anything and all of our needs were met in our meeting the day before the wedding. THANK you Rocio for making our big day VERY special

The food is.. OK I actually preferred the buffet to the a la carte restaurants, we went to the Brazilian and it was TERRIBLE none of my family or me liked it the meat was simply awful. We also went to the Japanese.. BAD as well nothing had flavour the sushi was dull... The one good meal we had was the wedding meal.
Service at this resort is surprisingly bad!!!!! from the bell boys to the servers its bad all around, you will no find a happy person in this resort. I have actually been to other resorts in playa del Carmen (from the Sandos chain) and it is like night and day. Service I guess is not something Palladium takes pride on.
One night me and my wife were walking to dinner and it started pouring my wife was in a little dress with heels on and the bellboy drives by us I ask them if they could take us to at least the closest lobby and he straight our said NO I only have space for ONE (when we could clearly fit as we are 2 little people) so instead he decided to leave us in the rain
The next night I have my daughter asleep in my arms and we are waiting for a train to take us to the other lobby, we have been waiting for 25 minutes and there are about 4 bellboys standing with golf carts all around them I asked one of them if they could just take us to our lobby white sand and he said no i'm sorry I only do luggage (Understandable) WRONG!!!! a group of Americans come to them they joke around and the same bellboy says "Hey amigos where are you going? lobby white sand? I will take you!!!! and just like that they leave... So if you are looking for good service forget this place

However the grounds are BEAUTIFUL we stayed in a Mayan suite on the lake and it was lovely, the room was spectacular so different from everything I have ever stayed in. Housekeeping did and outstanding job and so did maintenance, there were a few issues with the tv signal but we didn't stay in the room long enough to even care.

Entertainment was good, nothing out of control but the disco is so much fun and they have a big production of night shows with their our ballet dances (whom are awful) but the shows in general aren't too bad.

Overall we had a good time the place is beautiful, but if it wouldn't have been for how perfect our wedding was I probably would not come back for the simple fact that service was the worse I cave ever seen.

The reception staff was friendly and helpful, we had a slow check in but from there I met the supervisor, I cant remember her name but she is very good and helped us with a big smile on her face (Something I DID NOT see often in this place)

Room Tip: Tip the bellboys or you will not get service at all
1  Thank Mari C

Dear Mari C,

Thank you very much for your review.

We congratulate you for your "amazing wedding" and We have pass to Rocio your comments about how perfect your wedding was, thats delight us.

Best regards,