Booked king bed as was our honeymoon and requested that other family to be in same building, both did not happen. We were offered to move two days later to ocean view with a fifteen dollar charge per night. Packed up and headed for lobby and find out we were moving to T. Marianis Room which we knew had double beds. We ended up moving back to our original room in building 56. Marianis were offered an upgrade last night to the Royal suites. We went to front desk to see if the courtesy could be extended as we have had the same misfortunes as we have.
Took 3 days to get remote for TV, no face clothes 4 days straight. After seven days we still do not have a clock radio. Had to pay for internet access which has very poor signal.
Back to front desk.... No room available in royal suites, which did not surprise me. A day Prior to arrival I called the hotel and spoke with Edwardo to ensure that we were in same building and ensured him he would be rewarded if our wishes were met. Upon arrival Edwardo confirmed we were in same building. He was generously rewarded. Upon entering room we find double beds..... And the next day when Marianis arrive they were placed in #57 with double beds as well. Not what was requested and promised. After many hours wasted trying to resolve we have decided to write Trip advisor as we tried to speak to the manager which was not available to speak to.
We have stayed at many 5 star resorts and feel this hotel is over rated. It is very large with lots to do and see. Front line staff needs improvement.
Ernesto at the adult pool has provided us with exceptional service as many others have.
We leave on Feb 3 and plan on making the best of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico