We travelled from Dec 27th - Jan 6th, 2013.
We have been to many all inclusive resorts but this was an amazing resort. We travelled with Air Transat and had a direct shuttle to and from the resort which was nice. Not having to stop at many other hotels was nice as the resort was further away from the airport than I like.
Arrival and check in was painless. We weren't able to get into our rooms until 3pm but that didn't hinder us finding a pool and a bar.
We stayed at in the Mayan Suites. These were amazing rooms that were close to all of the facilities. It was nice to be able to sit on our decks over the river and watch the houseboat go by and also use the canoes to go for a paddle through the resort. The rooms with clean and the mayan shower was wonderful.
We went to 6 A la Cartes and they were all wonderful. The wait staff to the food that was served was always really good. By travelling with Air Transat, you were able to book up to 5 a la cartes at once so you never had to wait when you went for dinner.
We always had breakfast at the buffet and it had such a great variety and everything was always fresh. The late night beach location was also good for a snack after many drinks.
It was really nice that there were 2 different shows everynight at the 2 theatres. The entertainment staff were amazing and so talented. The pool entertainment was not as noticable at the White Sand Pool as it was a the Colonial pool.
Pool / Beach:
The pool was a little cool but it was hugh which was really nice. We never had any issues finding chairs by the pool. It was extremely clean and the pool bar was never too busy so it was quick and easy to get drinks.
The beach was a little disappointing. It was rocky and you needed to be careful when going for a walk. There was an roped off area for swimming which was clear of most coral. The ocean was extremely rough most of the time so you couldn't really use the sailboats too many days.
You could not ask much more of the staff. They work extremely hard and are always happy to help. Their english was good and they made a great effort to understand what you were saying. They seemed to be very proud of the resort and it was seen if how accomodating they were.
The grounds were amazing. We seen so much wildlife which you don't usually experience. Anything from racoons to ant eaters. The walkways and paths around the resort were easy to use. The resort is quite large so if walking is an issue, there were always golf carts and trains to move you around the facilities.
Overall, this was a great trip and we had a wonderfull time and can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Palladium Hotel Group, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico