We were 3 couples traveling from Dec 15 to Dec 22. A week prior to departure I send a request for us to be in the same building, etc. The request was very promptly acknowledges before our departure and all our requests were granted, we couldn't have asked for more.
The resort is huge and very beautiful, you keep finding little surprises as you walk about. The little trains and golf cart are very practical to get around.
We had a suite which was great! Lots of space with 2 separate rooms as well as LCD TVs, not that we watched much. We did have issue with the shower head and it took a few days to get it sorted out, part of the problem may have been communication (language as well as reaching the right person), eventually they replaced the shower head. We never had towel art, which we don't care for but the other couples seem to be a little disappointed. Our room seem to be the last one cleaned (we tipped $5 / day), one day we gave up by 5:00 and told her to just give us fresh towels.
We had no problem getting reservations for the Japanese nor the seafood restaurants, we lined up fairly early and got all our requests. We dined in the a la carte every night, arriving around 6:30 we never had to wait more than a few minutes.
Breakfast was always at the buffet, it does have a good selection. We noticed that they have people with radios in the buffet, to call in what needed to be replenished.
Lunch location varied each day depending where we were.
The show was hit and miss, They had one for the 'End of the world' that was exceptional! We also seen one based of the 'Pirate of the Caribbean' that was very good. We did not go every night so I can't comment on the rest of them.
Beautiful! Lots of wild life, beautiful birds (keep looking for them). The have containers with fish food (around lobbies) so you can feed the fish. There is also a pontoon boat that you can ride around the man made river/lake.
The salt pool was awesome! Everyone enjoyed it and actually went snorkeling in there, great for first timer.
The snorkeling is definitly best near the Kantenah just outside the swimming rope.
We did not use the services just the facilities and it was very relaxing. One couple got a massage and enjoyed it. BTW you just charge it to your room no need to carry money or credit card.
We didn't partake in lots of activities, we did the Segway tours, which we all enjoyed and would love to do it again.
Mini Golf, the course is very hard as every holes are on a bump so if you don't get if first shot, you'll have to work your way back
Riffle - We tried only to be told that it was cancelled that week!
We would definitely return to this resort, This was our first time traveling off season, so not sure how that would affect the service at peak time.
Thank you Grand Palladium for making our vacation so special!
PS: Contrary to what is listed in the Palladium Addict website, the buffet does not seem to have theme nights (we even asked and they had not idea what we were talking about)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico