Hola! We were there between March 12-19th. The weather was incredible, sunny everyday, only 5 minutes of sprinkles all week.
We have a 12 & a 15 year old. It is our favorite resort so far. We stayed at the White Sands but honestly they all look nice. We were in building 59, right near the beach, which we loved.They each have something different. It literally took us 3 days to orient ourselves,(taking our little map everywhere) but that's what we enjoyed was to discover new paths and pools every day.
One of our favorite spots was the salt water pool, it is so beautiful there, great for snorkeling,(beginners), no waves. Great spot for photography fans like me.
If you're thinking of getting married there, wow, there is a wedding court by the beach, we saw a lot of people get married there, there is also a beautiful chapel, and the setting around it is just amazing. We thought it would be nice to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary there next year.
The food was really good. We went to 6 different a la carte restaurants, with no reservations to any of them and walked right in to each one. Only one, we didn't like. The buffets were excellent.The staff is so nice and friendly. They love it when you try to speak spanish.
We watched a few shows, some were really good, others alright. Yvan, you are the best.
We had a really good time at the Grand Palladium, it's impossible not to like it there.
Don't be afraid to go to Mexico!
ps. the only negative which is really minor, the ipod station didn't work all week, the fridge wasn't cold and iron didn't work but they replaced it. The air conditioner didn't work but they came and fixed it right away.
Here are a few pictures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico