I really enjoyed vacationing at the Grand Palladium White Sands. We stayed in the Royal Suites and LOVED all the upgrades! Free internet in the room (or there were computers to use in the lobby and free internet in he hotel lobbies), unlimited a la cartes, 24 hr room service, our own pool for Royal Suite Guests with pool side service. The room was amazing: king size bed, separate living room, balcony with a jacuzzi tub- always clean! We also had our own stock of Premium liquors included. Only down fall is I blew the breaker in the room using the hairdryer and stereo at the same time but its easily fixed and easy to prevent. No hydro adaptors needed!
The resort is very large (5 resorts in one) so you can either get some good exercise in or take the trollies around the resort. Royal Suites have a separate sevice so you can call for a ride from the lobby. The resort itself is beautiful, the beaches are large and clean, and the food was amazing! You must try the show table at the Japanese restaurant and the Brazilian was also fantastic. Drinks were very good and not lacking in alcohol!
It was easy to book excursions- we could book right in the hotel lobby (White Sands) with our travel company. We did the Tullum Extreme, deep sea fishing and swimming with the sea turtles. Tullum is beautiful and well worth visiting. You can't climb this ruin but the beach is worth the trip! If you want to climb the ruins- go to Coba- only one you can still climb! Also included with Tullum was cenotes and zip lining= awesome! The boys loved the deep sea fishing and was quite reasonable at under $100/pp when you shared a boat. The snokelling with the sea turtles at Akumel was well worth the $72 as we got to see a variety if sea life and the corel reef.
Overall- my favorite vacation I have taken!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico