My girlfriend and I stayed at the Coba from March 22-29, 2007. We are both in our late twenties, from Canada and have traveled a fair amount.
Flight: Skyservice, if you have traveled with them before you know all about the lack of legroom, bad food and old planes so i won't go on about them.
Cancun Airport: We got our luggage within minutes of landing and made our way quickly through immigration, customes etc. Once you exit, beware of the sharks trying to grab your luggage and sell you a time share, just ignore them, find your tour operator and head to your bus.
Resort: This Resort is about 60-90 minutes south of Cancun, depending on how crazy your bus driver is and how many stops they have to make at other hotels. Our bus stopped at several, it was good to see them because it gives you something to compare your resort too, let me say that none of them compared to the Coba.
Our check in took 2 minutes and our luggage arrived at our room shorlty thereafter. The room was gorgeous, king size bed, separate sitting area and best of all the jacuzzi tub!!
Food: The buffet was exvcellent, always something good to eat even for the fussiest eater. We checked out four of the a la cartes, Mediteraneo, Dolce Vita, Le Gourmet and Mikado. Mediteraneo was bad, Dolce Vita was worse. The other two were excellent, with Mikado taking the prize. The food was awesome, the show they put on for you even better. You would easily pay $100 for a meal prepared this way in Canada.
Drinks: Never watered down, the bartenders would make anything we liked and dump as much rum or vodka as we liked. Be sure to ask for the premium brand hard stuff as they normally use a lesser brand. I think we both drank enough to cover the cost of the vacation!
Entertainment: Fantastic, there was always something going on at night. As others have mentioned, the Michael jackson show was awesome to watch. Be sure to arrive early to get a good seat.
Beach: The only real drawback was the beach. It was quite rocky as this hotel is located near a reef. That being said, we did always manage to find a great place to sit, and a good part in the water to swim.
Overall this hotel was fantastic. The grounds were very well kept, the staff were always polite and eager to help you. We did not have to wait more than a few minutes for anything we wanted, and the hotel was near capacity. Being able to use the services at the Tulum and Akumal resorts is also great as you can spend your week at a different pool and bar every day. I would defenitely reccomend this hotel to anyone as it was far superior to any of the other we encountered. We plan to go back sometime in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 lake-style pools, 3 Jacuzzis, large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers, pool and beach towel service, BAHIA SPA (additional charge). Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles, motorized sports (additional charge), water activity centre, entertainment amphitheater. WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge), buffet restaurant, 4 a la carte restaurants, 8 bars, 2 snack bars. Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed, sitting area with sofa, fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bathtub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer, bathroom amenities. Balcony or terrace, air conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, radio alarm clock, flat screen satellite TV, mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, safe (additional charge), ironing set, terrace, Wifi. Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites, the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite; bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay, children's bath kit, welcome basket with sweets, mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children, two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites), Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico