If this were my first trip down South I would be elated, but it is far from it. By far the worst resort I have stayed at in the Mayan Rivierra. Yes I got bang for my buck, and it was a fine establishment but you can't call it a 5 star when you compare some of the other 5 stars in the area. The clientel was to say the least looking for a deal. Imagine people booking this resort to go topless. It is a family resort. If you want to go topless, pay the extra and go to an adults only resort.
Let me explain,I was travelling with my parents and 2 young children. My parents are in there 60-70. My dad's not the best walker right now. We couldn't go on the hunt for loungers on the beach. We found the back of a palapas and thought we would just sit in the shade there. We didn't touch the things in the front. The two folks who had marked that spot figured they owned the whole palapas area, and the beach that was below..... Imagine these two using fowl language to my mother, father and in front of my children....... I was appauled. She wanted to go toppless, and he wanted to spend alone time with her....... Get a life Mr. Edmonton, pay the extra and go to Hedonism or a Secrets even. if you want to be alone don't pick a resort with 1030 rooms.
The head of Human resourses came down and did.....NOTHING!!! Thank you to the two kind gentlemen from Quebec who help my parents out.
I would have to get a great deal to go back to this place just because of the clientel it attracts. The good deals bring the misfits out of the wood work.
Other then that, the service, food, rooms, grounds were all good. No pool servicxe at a 5 star?? That isn't really a 5 star.
My parents loved it. It was there first Mayan experience and they tought it was out of this world. Nothing to compare to.
I on the other hand liked it. Can't blame the resort for the classless acts of its patrons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BP Travel USA, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico