“TEQUILA!!!! Great trip!”

Grand Bahia Principe Coba
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Akumal
Reviewed March 15, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed in this amazing hotel from March 7 - March 14, 2009. All I can say is we absolutely loved it! We've both been to other resorts before, but we liked this one the best... BY FAR! It was 5 stars in our books.

Traveling from the airport:
We arrived at the Cancun airport around 8:30pm and it took a little over an hour to get to the hotel. Luckily, our bus didn't have to make any stops to other hotels along the way (the gran bahia principe is the furthest hotel from the airport).

Check-in:
We bought the Gold Membership package so we knew there was a different place to check-in... but this wasn't clear upon our arrival. There were no signs or anyone telling us where to go. Make sure that you ask where the Gold Membership Lobby is! We took a short tram ride there. We were told that we were in villa 7, but we wanted villa 22 or 23 because they are closer to the main lobby (we knew this coming in). Unfortunately, the unfriendly staff member gave us a hard time. We weren't able to switch our room... we were told to come back in the morning. My boyfriend got very upset! Then I asked if we could at least book our 4 a la cartes... and we were told that we couldn't. So we complained and this guy's supervisor came over and we booked our a la cartes and decided that if we really didn't like our villa location then we would switch in the morning.

The next day:
We ended up loving villa 7 because it is in a quiet area and it is only a short walk to the beach. There can be loud noise coming from the lobby at night (outside karaoke and other such events)... so villas 23 and 22 might not be so great if you want some peace and quiet.

Food:
We loved the food! We are both not picky eaters though...!! Every morning we got up for breakfast. We had an omelette made right before our eyes. My boyfriend loved the bacon... so did everyone else because the staff were always refilling it!! The main buffets at Coba and Akumal were very big! The one called Cozumel was a bit smaller, but still the same food... just not 2 omelette stations, etc. We usually ate at Akumal for breakfast and Coba for lunch.
As for the a la cartes... we loved "Le Gourmet". I swear we were closing our eyes and saying "mmm" with every bite. We also liked the italian and japanese. The seafood one at Akumal wasn't great though... just ok.

Beach:
There are sandbags in the water, so the waves don't come crashing in. It's cool if you like calm water... we wanted the waves though! So we found a great spot at the Akumal beach. We swam in front of big mossy covered rocks and the waves would come and push us up onto the rocks!! It was so fun. Sometimes the waves were so strong that they pushed us up and over the rocks. We were always able to find a chair. If there aren't chairs in coba, there are some in tulum. But we recommend that you put towels on your chairs before breakfast at Akumal! One of us would get fresh towels and the other would find great chairs in the front row. All the chairs have little huts over them for you shade-lovers out there. We used walkie-talkies to find each other on the beach!

Pools:
After lunch, we would go to the pools. The Coba loud pool is definitely the best. We swam, played catch... there's volleyball, waterpolo, ping pong... lots to do. There is an event board so you can see when everything starts. Many bars all around. Towel exchange place. Lots of huts for shade.

Drinks:
On our 3rd last day, one of the kind waiters offered to get me a drink called the "Riviera Maya"... it was the most beautiful tropical drink I've ever seen.. and it was delicious. Also, the "Mango Tango" was awesome.

Nightlife:
We were tired at night. We found out that there was a disco at this shopping centre place called Hascidena. You have to wait in front of the Coba lobby for this rickity loud trolly to come pick you up. It kind of resembles a circus tent. Anyway, it will take you there. It's loud there. There's a sports bar... theatre... disco. One night there was a big mexican party. They had fireworks!
At Coba there was karaoke every night. Sometimes it was outside. I love karaoke, but we never ended up doing it because each session is only an hour long and a lot of the time it conflicted with our dinner reservations. If you want to do karaoke, ask the front desk when it is... or go to the Music Bar and ask. Then get there early to sign up. Also, make sure you have a couple of drinks.

Rooms:
I almost forgot this! The rooms are great. The king size bed was hard... but we liked it! There was a small couch area, balcony, hairdryer, jacuzzi, minibar with excellent chocolate bars and chips...
The room service is exactly what they serve at the 24 hour snack bar. Except, the room service food is fresh. The snack bar food kind of turned me off. The frozen yogurt machine was the best part! Oh.. and the nachos with cheese.

Grounds:
The whole resort area was so huge!!! Carry around a map with you. I went for runs around all 3 hotels and it took a long time. Everything was so neat! The maintenance staff do a great job.

Service:
In general, the staff were very friendly! They would say "Hola" when I walked by. You should tip the staff who are extra friendly to you. We tipped a chef that made us pasta... waiters... someone who helped direct us, etc.

Excursions:
They were so expensive. We couldn't believe swimming with dolphins for 40 minutes costs $160 each! We did the cheapest one... snorkling at Akumal with turtles, coral reef, and fishies. The boat ride was fun. It was a cool experience. Parasailing costs $60 for 12 minutes.

Here is a summary of some tips:
- Book "Le Gourmet" and order the soup with a ball of cheese in it... oh my it's delicious
- Towels on beach chairs early
- Go to Hascienda because bargaining is fun
- Don't stay in villas 14-17 because they are by the highway
- The area near the top of the Tulum section smelled like sewage everytime I ran by it - don't stay there
- Tip your maid, the waiters, the bus boys.....
- See the Michael Jackson show... it was amazing

Overall, I would come here again. I had the greatest time!

10  Thank tannedblonde
There are newer reviews for Grand Bahia Principe Coba

Reviewed March 15, 2009

This was our 4th trip to the Cancun area and our first with our 2.5 yr old daughter. We booked the hotel/transfer thru Apple vacations and saved about $150 by booking the flight directly with the same airline Apple was going to package the entire trip. Never hurts to check!

By the end of the week we agreed we would consider returning to GBP Coba or possibly Tulum if the price was similiar. The beach and pools were great. Grounds were beautiful.

There were a few negatives that we encountered, so we thought we would give everyone a heads up:

Distance from Airport - It's a long trip, especially for a little one. After landing, going thru customs, waiting for the Apple transfer, fighting traffic, and making 2 other stops, it took 3 hrs to get to GBP. We knew it would take some time, but it was more than expected. The return drive at 4:30am was quicker, haha, but still left the hotel 4 hrs before our flight time. Pack snacks like fruit and box cereals from the buffet for the return.

Service - We were probably the last to arrive on Saturday night and got the dreg room in the complex. King bed, first floor, musty and at the busiest intersection (we had requested double beds on booking). If they hand you the keys to 2306, don't take them. The Premier lobby desk expected us out by 10am the next morning and we would have a double available in a different building at 3pm. They finally relented to have it available by 1pm for our daughter's nap. The next morning when I took it up with the desk in the main Coba lobby we had no problems leaving our bad room at noon and getting the preferred room at 1pm, with bell service moving the luggage. Room 2036 was much better. Since we had to check out at 4:30am I had asked to have bell service pick up our bags the night before but was told to call 15mins before departure and we would get someone at the door immediately. Well, called 30mins before and 10mins before with no one showing so we had to race across Coba to get to the Premier lobby to catch our waiting shuttle. Not a fun way to start the day. There was no one walking around the pools or beach taking drink orders like at other 5 star resorts, but the bars were handy enough. When the buffets are busy, don't expect much attention from the wait staff. To be fair, the staff at Coba was more appreciative of the typical $1-2 tip than other resorts we've been to, and when the buffets were slower, staff was attentive. Maid service for our room was very good and accomodating to our requests. She provided a fun towel animal each day which kept our daughter entertained when we returned to the room.

Varaible Food Quality - Food quality was up and down across the resort. Buffets at Coba and Tulum were better than expected for buffet food. Grilled fish and chicken were consistently good and the Mexican foods were very tasty. The Akumel buffet was very busy due to everyone at the beach going to that buffet and the food there was also lower quality. All buffets had very poor sushi so don't get too excited by that piece of advertisement (coming from someone who is content with grocery store carryout sushi). Snack bars by the pools were miserable. Our first specialty dinner was at El Pescador, which must translate into "over cooked fish". Neither of us could eat our tuna or swordfish and we ended up back at the buffet that night. Definitely go to Tequila at Tulum, amazing meals and service from start to finish. Last one was at Portofina and had the filet mignon which was very good. One night was the Apple buffet by the pool. Nice setting and some good food, but the lobster was over cooked which was a disappointment.

Resort size: It's a very large complex and if you are at Coba, you need to plan extra time to get to beaches or your restaurant. The buses are handy once you figure them out, but by the end of the week you will be tired of waiting for them. You also do not develop familairity with the staff like you would at a small resort. You'll also find things crowded at peak times. The large resort is nice too since you get access to such a large variety of beaches, pools, restaurants, buffets, and bars.

Focused more on pointing out the negatives we encountered but overall we had a great trip for the money and would consider returning. We would look more closely at Tulum (few hundred bucks more, but the room reviews scared us off on this trip) since it had a good buffet and was right on the beach. Don't expect 5 star service since you're not really paying for it, but if you can roll with bumps and small inconviences its a good time.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank JP_in_Ohio
Reviewed March 15, 2009

My Fiance and I stayed at the Bahia Principe Coba from March 7th -14th. First of all I wanted to give a shout out to Super Sexy Joel, Gabriel AKA Babyface and Aaron who are part of the animation team at the loud pool. They are so friendly and really fun to hang out with. They work such long days and are always so full of energy and excitement. I would have to say that they are one of the main reasons we had such a great time and would go back next year.
My fiance and I chose this resort after reading so many great reviews about it and we have to agree that there isn't much to complain about. The food is great, the entertainment is great as well, there is always something new going on each day. We saw the Micheal Jackson show and it was really entertaining. We also went to the Mexican Fiesta they had and it was such a blast. I would definitely recommend it to everyone. We booked through air transat, so we stayed in the golden section and had 4 a la cartes. Don Pablo is amazing, Mikado is also a must. Le gourmet wasn't the best and the Pascador which was a seafood restaurant wasnt very good either. We did 2 excursions. We went to Xel-Ha for a day and it was alot of fun. We also did the half a day ATV tour which was a blast. I will cut this one short seeing as other reviews really go into detail about this great place. All in all I would recommend the Bahia Principe Coba to everyone!! Can't wait to go back next year!! And I really hope Joel, Gabriel and Aaron will still be part of the animation team when we visit again!!

Cheers ,
Ashley and Myles

2  Thank Ashley055
Reviewed March 15, 2009

My husband and I traveled with our two children (6 and 2 years old) in March. The weather was perfect. 65 degrees in the morning and evening and 85 throughout the day.

Upon Arrival - We had a travel package with Apple vacations and flew out of JFK. When we arrived at the airport, we were greeted by an Apple representative. Don't get a porter to carry your bags, your transportation will likely be waiting 50 feet from the door. We took a non-stop, semi-private van. Cost a little more but was worth it. The travel time to Gran Bahia Principe was about 1 1/2 hours from the Cancun airport. Check-in at the Premier Lobby was fast and easy. I believe that Apple has an arrangement with the Gran Bahia resort. Otherwise, you will be taken to the Main lobby and the wait is fairly longer. Our stay was at the Coba, the newest of the three (Akumal and Tulum).

Rooms - The resort is made up of three-story complexes. We stayed in number 22 and were very happy with the location. It was closest to the beach, pool, Coba buffet and Coba lobby. All the rooms are a spacious Junior Suite. You can request one king-sized bed or two double beds. There is also a large sofa-bed and table with two chairs. Every room has a balcony, mini-bar (re-stocked daily), plenty of closet space and drawers, television, hair-dryer, telephone, etc. We stayed on the first floor because we had a stroller. Second and Third floors are only accessible by stairs. However, the lobbies and restaurants are stroller accessible.

Beach - We spent most of our time on the Coba beach. It was the best beach by far because there were no rocks and high waves. The Coba resort has a man-made section that was beautiful with calm water. There is also a nice little circular bar with surrounding swings at the Coba beach. You should get there early and place towels on chairs. The seating under the shaded hut umbrellas occupies quickly. Although, we found chairs even at 9:30am and moved them under the shade. You will find blue towels in your room for the beach and pool.

Buffets and A La Carte - The Coba buffet was our favorite. It is bigger and has more choices. The food was good. You could always find something to eat. Even for picky kids. It is open for breakfast, lunch (open a 12:30pm) and dinner (6:30). The best snack bar was near the Akumal pool. We also tried the A La Carte Dining (three restaurants allotted for a week stay). Mikado (Japanese) was exciting for the children. They enjoyed watching their meal being prepared. The chicken and seafood combo was very good. The meat tends to be a little tough in Mexico. Le Gourmet (French) was not a favorite.

After Dinner - There was Mini-Disco at 8:00pm every night at the Coba. My children had a great time every night with Sharem. She was the nicest and funniest play date you will ever meet . The children loved her. Sharem was also in charge of the kids club during the day. A beautiful place for children who need a break from the sun.

There was a show every night for the adults as well. Just ask the reception for a chart. Show-times are 9:00pm at the Coba and 9:30pm at Tulum and Akumal. We always went to the Coba shows. They were all terrific. Really. Some great talents. The Michael Jackson show was surprisingly amazing. Chico was the announcer for the shows and was really great.

If you want to buy souvenirs, take the Hacienda trolley (about 5 minutes). The hacienda is within the resort and has everything you will need and more.

Be prepared to walk. The resort is large. But at the same time convenient. If you get tired, just flag down a trolley. They ride by often and all hours of the day and night.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank LaTortueBleue
Reviewed March 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I (both 24), vacationed at the Coba from March 7 to March 14. We were excited to learn from our agent that by booking at the Coba, we would also have full access to its sister resorts - Gran Bahia Principe Akumal and Tulum. I want to be clear that I would recommend this resort to anyone, as it was truly a memorable experience. However, in this review I will also touch on the very few negatives we experienced during this trip.

Transfer from/to Airport:
The trip from the Cancun airport to the resort took 2.25 hours, after waiting a half hour just to be placed in a transfer van. The only reason it took this long was because the driver had 4 stops to make at other resorts, and unfortunately, we were last. That brings me to a good point - this resort, in comparison to others, is near the furthest point from the airport so that may be important to some of you. However, our return trip today only took one hour, as we didn't make any stops, which is likely on the way back to the airport. For this reason we decided in the future it will be worth it to pay the extra $35 or so per person for a direct transfer to/from the resort. That way no time is wasted.

Arrival:
We were taken to the Coba/Premier lobby. Apparently, Coba has a main lobby and the Premier lobby, which I believe was geared strictly to those who booked with Apple but I could be wrong. Either way, check-in was easy, and one of the managers greeted us by name and knew a little background on us. It made me feel right at home, as she was very welcoming. While waiting for our room, we ate at the Premier buffet and were disappointed as it is very small in size in comparison to other resorts we've stayed at in the past. However, we soon learned that we had a handful of others to choose from. We ended up not utilizing our own lobby very often, as the Akumal and Coba lobbys were in close proximity (especially taking the tram car), and that's where all the action was; i.e. theater shows, lobby bars, shops, buffets, etc.

Room:
We had the junior suite and were pleased with it. Only a few drawbacks....the bathroom did not have a fan so the mirror became extremely fogged up after showering. Also, there is no overhead lighting in the room so it's pretty dim in the evening even with all lamps on. We were extremely satisfied with our maid service, as we often received little gifts such as chocolates, fruit, and champagne.

Food:
There was a vast selection of restaurants to choose from; 11 speciality restaurants in total I believe. We were able to choose up to 4 speciality restaurants since we were staying for a week. We chose Mikado (Japanese), Portofino (Italian), Tequila (Mexican) and Gourmet Arlequin. Our favorite by far was Mikado, but I would highly recommend booking a show table, where the cook makes your food in front of you. In order to do this, I would suggest booking all your dinner reservations your first day. We did this while waiting for our room upon check-in. Tequila was amazing as well. Great appetizers and meal. I love Italian food but was not happy with my meal at Portofino. Our service at Arlequin was not what we had expected as it took us 2 hours to eat dinner from beginning to end. Lots of waiting time.

The buffets are great, especially at Coba and Akumal. They are enormous and the food was delicious and there were tons of choices in my opinion. We've stayed in two different resorts in Punta Cana in the past and were happiest with the food here.

Beach:
We only went to one of the few beaches bordering the resort, as it was our favorite. The Coba beach was just a short walk/tram ride from the Premier lobby. You can actually walk through the Akumal lobby and pool area to access the beach that way. Sandbags in the ocean prevented large waves from coming in, which is great for someone like me who would otherwise avoid the ocean. There were also two wooden deck piers on either side of this portion of the beach, where you could get better views of the shoreline. The water is absolutely beautiful, calm, and you can see to the bottom! Beautiful tropical fish hung out near the piers - who needs snorkeling?! There is a small beach bar on this part of the beach. It's neat because the chairs surrounding the bar are actually swings.

Nightlife:
As in most resorts, most lobby bars close around 11 to 11:30 p.m. The resort usually becomes deserted around this time, as some people go back to their rooms, or choose to try the bars at the Hacienda - the shopping center - where there is a disco open from 12 to 2am I believe. We went there one evening and had fun; however, it is extremely loud in there, but the music was great. There is a sports bar in the Hacienda as well, which is also all inclusive. However, there is no casino at this resort.

Shopping (Hacienda):
The Hacienda was not in walking distance, so we always took the tram car there/back. This was a fairly large shopping center for all three resorts. This is also where the disco is located. I believe most shops are open until 9pm.

Pools:
There are always a couple of pools in close proximity to your room as there are 7 total within all 3 resorts. Fair warning: the chairs at the smaller pools seem to be taken before sunrise!!! That, along with the fact that the Coba beach is directly behind it, is why we usually spent our days at the Akumal pool, as it was the largest, and there was a pool bar, and stand alone outdoor bar in this vicinity.

Overall experience:
This was our favorite vacation by far. Please note, this resort, along with its sister resorts, is VERY LARGE. We never did see everything because we ran out of time. However, there was also no need to venture outside of your resort if you so wished, as each resort had its own lobby, pools, theater, restaurants, etc. We were very happy with the number of options we had at each resort. The Coba is the furthest from the beach, as it is also the newest, but like I said, it's all within walking/tram car distance. We would go back in a heartbeat, and recommend this resort to anyone. The grounds are immaculate; the workers are maticulous in what they do; the food in the buffets and most restaurants is great; the pools and beach were breath-taking.

8  Thank atsroka
Reviewed March 13, 2009

My wife and I vacationed at COBA March 2-9 2009 with a group of five couples all in our 30's. We take a vacation like this every few years and previously stayed at the following all inclusives: Allegro in Cozumel, Sandals Dunns River Jamaica, Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica, and Beaches Boscobel Jamaica. I mention these as they are what I have to compare with. Overall I would rate the COBA a close 2nd out of this group just under Whitehouse. However, I would choose to go back to COBA over Whitehouse because of the price and close by attractions.

First some travel tips: Unless you are traveling with a group of eight or more, take a taxi to and from the airport and rersort. We used Olympus Tours transfer both ways. All 10 of us went straight to the resort in 1.5 hours with a stop for beer. On the return trip, we had different flight than the rest of our group and it took 2.5 hours with three stops to pick up other travelers. We also got to the airport extremely early. I estimated we could have left 2-3 hours later with a taxi for about $25 more total. Make sure to exchange USD for PESOS, you will save $$. For example, the collectivo (gov taxi) will charge you $2-3 USD depending on how far you go. They will charge you 20 or 30 pesos. The exchange rate at the hotel is $1-13 pesos (at the time of our stay) You can get a better exchange rate at the bank $1 to 15 pesos. All the shops and stores and surrounding towns will charge 1 to 10. For example, a 6 pack of beer was 63 pesos, just over $4 after the exchange. The store would charge $6.30 USD. I emailed one week ahead of time and asked for a room in a certain area and asked that our group be in the same area. I also asked for a reservation for 10 at Mikado (Japanese ala carte) and received an email back quickly with the reservation confirmation. The hotel said they could not guarantee the room request, but at check-in I did not mention this but was pleased with the proximity of our friends' rooms.

Now the rooms: All the rooms are junior suites with more than enough room. There are 36 rooms per villa. We were in the 2nd story of villa 26 overlooking the "quiet pool" (versus party pool). The room was clean and fresh, and the refridgerator was stocked with beer, pop, water and a few snacks. The bed was on the hard side but was very comfortable. No rooms have an ocean view, but it doesn't matter because you still get to enjoy the fresh air and beautiful views no matter where your room is located. I would not suggest an upgrade unless you want a guaranteed location, which would mean closer to food and other amenities. I liked everything about the room with the exception of the noise. We were located next to the maid closet, and we heard a lot of banging around very early in the morning (doors slamming, chairs dragging upstairs, etc.) The was beautiful and easy to get to with trolley. The sand was soft and it was a great place to drink, relax, and listen to the waves. There was only a small area at Coba beach worth swimming in, and there were a lot of kids in this area so we avoided it and found a secluded area toward the north. If you really want to swim in the sea, take a 10 minute collectivo south to Tulum beach for perfect sand and surf. We also a blast a Tulum Ruins Beach: body surfing on a windy day (if you are active, this is must do). Do this after touring the ruins ($5) but do not pay for a guide. Waste of time and language barrier makes it hard to understand the guide. The snorkeling at the resort is ok for kids and beginners, but if you want better snorkeling w/out booking and excursion boat, walk 30 minutes north along the beach or take a 2 minute collectivo to Akumal Bay. Great beach and pretty good snorkeling even on a windy day. I swam with stingrays, and huge sea turtles in their natural setting. It's $18 for snorkel gear at this beach.

Pools and grounds: Very pleasing to the eye. Lush and well maintained. Quiet utilities kept out of sight. The pools were nice but usually empty because of the cool water temp, with the exception of the swim up bars. There are no hot tubs at any of the resorts. The quiet pool had loungers with nice padded mats. The acivity pool had more typical vinyl loungers. We did not save loungers with towels but many did. If they were saved and not being used we felt like they were fair game and on a couple occasions moved the towels with no problems. Most of the time all of the loungers were "reserved" but only 25-50% were actually being used. Shame on those reserving no coming back for hours people!

Recreation: Much more available than what we did. Gym was great with weights and cardio. We did ride a bike around the resorts (1st hour free). There was always a basketball or tennis court available. Jogging distances were posted. I enjoy playing sand volleyball but ran into a big problem. The sand is only a few inches deep in the pit and at the beach and under was hard like concrete. You can imagine all the bloody knees and elbows!

People: The staff was great 100% of the time as we were to them. They seemed genuine. They accept tips graciously but do not expect them. Obviously you are better looked after if you tip. Most of our fellow guests were friendly and gracious toward staff. The only people we ever witnessed being rude to staff and other guests were European.

Food: I am not picky and thought all the food was good to great. The Cozumel buffet was smaller and less crowded than the main buffet. We ate here often, though it didn't have as big of a selection as the main buffets. We ate at Portofino (Italian)b I had an awesome filet mingon. We ate at Mikados twice. The first was great at a hibatchi grill. The second was not at a grill and some in our group thought the food was on then cold side. The sushi was exellent. Snack huts (two in each resort) will make pizza and other snacks per order. The put out a nice small buffet early afternoon which is good if you hit it early.
Booze: I drank beer (Dos Equis) from the tap at every resort and it was always good and tasted like common U.S. light beer. My wife drank white wine from the tap, and as it was from a tap, she thought it was good but most likely from a box. No complaints though. I drank margaritas, which were always good. I got smart and started asking for Quervo and 100 year tequilla, which I would always tip for. If you order top shelf liquor from a waitress, the drinks will be light. If you order directly from the bartender, they will pour heavy as you watch.

Activities: Unfortunately we did not see any shows. We did the disco at the Hacienda one night and it was great. The only problem is that the disco does not open until midnight every night. Tip for the ladies: the fancy shoes you are wearing will cause you to slip and fall on the slick granite/concrete tiles.

Comparing the three resorts: We spent 75% of our time at Coba. The rest between Tulum and Akumal Resorts. I like Coba the best because there were fewer kids and it was a younger crowd. Tulum next, because it had the best pool and secluded beach. Akumal seemed to missing something. The grounds weren't lush like the others, and the pool and food areas seemed very crowded and older. Feel free to contact me for further opinion. Text only with subject "Coba" at [-].

9  Thank stinger703
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Hello,

The bahia Principe is famous foris amazing hotels, so it's true. The hotel in itself isgreta value for money, but in a five star class we expect the best. The Rooms are nice and the sorroundings seem well taken care, the restaurants are good buffet, but no more than 7 days, after that or even on that period some repetitions occur.
The pools and the drinks are the same everywhere with overall good quality.
The main problem for me is the beach (Coba Beach), wich has beatiifull waters butt a rock bottom of coral sometimes hard to handle, so buy your own beach shoes for water gaming or water fun.
Mexico is a nice place don't misss (serious9 tulum beach and monument near the hotel, go on taxi for half a day is cheaper and you can enjoy the beach, otherwise will pay alot and have no fun. Also 1 day X-Caret Park cannot be missed (enjoy the evening show very beatifull) and finnaly if you're into amazing nature experience, the Cenotes, natural pools of clear waters, amazing.

in resume Mexisco is agrat place, so read alot about it teh yucatan and the hotels and chhose a moderate visit/beach agenda and you will be on a road to magic.

paulo