Visited 3/1 thru 3/8. Feel that this is a great value for the money. Upgraded to the Club Golden. Check in was swift and smooth once we got to the proper lobby. Cool drink offered immediately. Traveled thru Apple Vacation and used Club Golden which provided in room safe at no additional charge. Wonderful room location, close to pools, snack bar, and other places to eat, close to small shopping area. Wonderful room, more than adequate in size, easy to control the temperature - never too warm even though it was in the high 80's low 90's outside. Bed was somewhat firm but provided a very comfortable nights sleep. Extremely clean property - both in the rooms, on the grounds and the pools. Stayed on the second floor in building 1A - did not have any issues with the room. No smells as reported in some of the reviews. Housekeeping in the room was outstanding. Had cute towel decorations or flowers every day. Never a shortage of clean towels or bath mat etc. If you like a face cloth - might want to bring some with you - we had them provided but some guest indicated they did not and had difficulty getting one. Pool towels provided in the room on arrival, always plenty of clean pool towels for exchange when yours is wet/dirty at the pools. Fruit bowl and champagne, and a well stock mini bar in the room on arrival. Plenty of bottled water provided every day and restocking of any items used. Bathroom well stocked also - shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath salts, tooth brushes and small paste, comb, shave kit, shower cap, buff sponge, soaps -( liquid and bar ), hair dryer, robes and slippers, make-up mirror.
Enjoyed the food, found the premier lobby offered less choices but all were good and much less crowded than other areas. Do note however that they use this area for a reservation area at night called the Oasis. Tried all the buffets and several reservation only eating options. Try the Spanish Coffee at your reservation location - great and beautifully presented. Our favorites were Japanese and Don Pablo (reservations required) Note they are very flexible with reservations and will accommodate a little early or late arrival is space is available. 24 hour snack area also very nice-always something to eat. Cappuccino available at several locations including the snack area. Tequila, coffee and tea available in premier lounge most of the day. Apple vacations and Bahia provided a special dinner for Apple vacations guest one evening. Lobster, shrimp etc will all the trimings - tee shirts and special entertainment.
Shows were good, better than most all inclusive's. Don't start until a little after 9PM. Bring bug spray - their mosquitoes bite and like in the US itch for days. Premier bar area has live entertainment and dancing every evening with lots of seating and great atmosphere.
Larger shopping area Hacienda was fun had tons of shops and booths to visit -souvenir items main offering..
Our vacation was made extra special by Julian Vivas, bartender at the Lobby Premier. He is extremely knowledgeable of the entire property and ALWAYS greats his guest with a smile and learns their favorite cocktail very quickly - which makes you feel special and welcome. Julian goes out of his way to be sure everything possible is being done to make your stay great. Also Carlos Tun, Gerente Club Golden - patient, understanding and wants to be sure all guest have the best possible experience at Grand Bahia Principe-Coba. The staff is one of the greatest assets at this location. All we encountered were friendly and eager to please you. We received two calls at our room on different nights from a manager making sure we didn't need anything and were happy with our stay.
Some items I would suggest for improved guest convenience are as follows:
1. More lounge chairs at the pools (Although there were always lounges on the beach) and
yes they play the towel game here even though their are signs asking to refrain. Typical of
all the other resorts we have visited.
2. Need an Activities board located in the Premier Lobby- we had to go to the other lobbies
to find out what was going on that day and what shows were where.
3. Transport drivers are not very familiar with the Club Golden lobby and took us to other
locations when we asked to go to Club Golden lobby. Training issue??
4. Need more transport from Coba and Premier lobby to Tulum property. Almost missed a
dinner reservation waiting 1/2 hour for a transport - finally bell boy provided a private ride
for us. (This is an example of if you experience a problem tell someone - they will get you
assistance if asked)
Tips - Bring your pool towels to the lobby along with the safe key/lock for check out. Bring plenty of sun screen - they have it though out the resort but expensive and you will need it the sun is very intense. Bring bug spray if you plan to be outdoors in the evening. Pack a pool float for your enjoyment in these wonderful pools - worried it will weigh too much - pay it forward and leave it for another guest at the resort ($4 at Walmart in US) and replace weigh in suitcase with items you purchase at the market. Floats available at resort to purchase $15). Enjoy your Vacation :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 lake-style pools, 3 Jacuzzis, large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers, pool and beach towel service, BAHIA SPA (additional charge). Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles, motorized sports (additional charge), water activity centre, entertainment amphitheater. WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge), buffet restaurant, 4 a la carte restaurants, 8 bars, 2 snack bars. Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed, sitting area with sofa, fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bathtub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer, bathroom amenities. Balcony or terrace, air conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, radio alarm clock, flat screen satellite TV, mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, safe (additional charge), ironing set, terrace, Wifi. Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites, the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite; bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay, children's bath kit, welcome basket with sweets, mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children, two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites), Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico