I was a guest of the Coba from Oct.12 to 26th. Since becoming a member of the Bahia Principe Club in December 2012 I had always had slight misgivings as to whether I had made the right decision. As it turned out, I have!
From my arrival in Cancun to my departure from the resort, Mrs. Anna and her team at the Privilege Club concierge office took wonderful care of me. The staff was professional, efficient and caring and always there for me when I had a question or concern. This was especially important to me as I was vacationing alone for the first time after decades of vacations with my late husband. My reasons for joining, safety and luxury, where fully satisfied. Judging by the number of visitors to the Privilege lounge there seem to be a lot of new members and I hope the Club can keep up its high standard.
The resort is lovely and particularly the main building reflects the Mexican and Mayan heritage with its impressive artwork. I am glad that much of the original flora and fauna has remained undisturbed.
The hotel staff takes excellent care of the guests and once one has figured out the lay-out of the grounds, it is fairly easy to get around especially thanks to the golfcarts small and large. The food is very good and fresh with lots of variety. I practically turned into a vegetarian at the buffets in all three of the Bahia Principes. Each one of the a la carte restaurants is beautifully appointed and most of them could easily compete in any Northamerican city. I am not surprised that many of the guests have been at the resort a number of times
All in all, a memorable experience for all the best reasons.
If you are reading this, thank you again at the Privilege Lounge!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico