When you take into consideration the size of the whole complex/resort they do an ok job in all of the key areas.
It is clean, the staff are reasonably accommodating (mostly) and the food is reasonably good.
The site is vast and is host to thousands of guests at any one time and, unfortunately, they all want to be fed all at the same time and are not always patient.
The beach was ok and the pools busy but it was getting a sunbed, or the 4 we needed, was my main bug bear and a bit of a nightmare. Not much of a holiday as getting up early was the order of the day if you wanted somewhere to sit and we were not particularly fussy where we sat!
Whilst we stayed, queues formed outside main dining areas before opening times, I have never seen this before! This then had a knock on effect all evening and whenever you went in, there were always large numbers of tables that had not been cleared as the staff never seemed to catch up.
On a couple of occassions we opted to eat a satelite restaurant which was just around the corner from us but to be honest after a couple of times it became samey and bland as it just did not carry the same menu and same choices as the main restaurant.
The bar next to this restaurant, however, was perfect as there was no rugby scrum at the bar as in the main bar areas.
Like previous reviewers, really disappointed by the lack of Mexican food and agree that whilst the food in the a la cartes was perfectly edible it lacked something.
All very average really.
All in all OK but was expecting more and for the cost for a family four to this hotel, have had much better for much less.
Not on my list to revisit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 7 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico