We’ll let me start by explaining that I travel for a living for business and fun. I have traveled all over North America and the Caribbean. So I’m not a first time traveller.
I have been to the Bahia 16 times over the last 7 years. It is my first pick on the east coast. The reason I keep coming back is simple, consistent service. You know what you’re going to get and when. They have treated me and my guest’s very well every time we have been there. Yes there have been problems but they are very diligent in fixing them and trying to make everyone happy.
Over the last 7 years we have stay at other resorts on both the east and west coast. But have come back to the Bahia every time to the same service.
The food is always as fresh as possible with plenty of selections for every ones taste. There are three huge, different buffets to pick from all with their own twist. There is a restaurant at one of the three resorts to meet every ones culinary choice for dinner. Keep in mind your in Mexico and have fun.
There are actives to keep every member of the family busy or just sit at one of the many pools, or lounge at the beach. There is some areas of the beach that are a bit rocky but they are great for exploring the small pools of water, that have sea horse’s in them and lots of other creatures of the sea. Or they have sandy beach to swim in, or just lay in the sun. The spa’s at all three reports are great way to wind down.
There is lots of night time entertainment for all and some of the show’s I have seen many time’s but would see them again for sure ie: The Michael Jackson show is great for someone who is not a big fan of him. Just again keep in mind your in Mexico.
There are little shops to by stuff to take home and places you can buy things you may have forgotten.
Now in saying all that the place is big and has a lot to see and do. But it’s only as big as you want it to be. If you looking for a place to go, and you see no one for days this is not it. But I have been there many times when the resort is full and never felt crowded or had to wait in long lines for anything. The staffs are very friendly and are more than willing to help you with what you need. But again you’re not at home so sometimes what we expect is not the same, roll with it and you will have a unforgettable time and be one of the many people who come back again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Hotwire, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico