We're staying here at the Gran Bahia Principe Coba right now - it's fantastic. Our villa 27 is located overlooking a pretty quiet pool and is on the ground floor so easy to throw the kids bits and pieces onto the balcony from the pool.
Even though the maps lead you to take some pretty crazy routes to get from a to b, a wife with a good sense of direction can soon get you to the fantastic Cozumel restaurant which is always quiet and food exceptional. We try to sit around the same kind of spot to enjoy exceptional service from our waiter Zacharias who is a credit to the hotel. Happy to say that he and the other hotel staff are unbelievably friendly and our kids won't know what's happening at mealtimes when they don't get all the attention when we get home.
You can take the trolleys to get about but with a Phil and Teds double buggy which weighs the same as the titanic, we've been walking everywhere.
I'd recommend this hotel unreservedly and though I agree with the chap that said the check in could be smoother, you really can't fault it. It's as good if not better in terms of facilities than the more pricey Sensatori resorts we've stayed at.
Someone was on about the air con situation. Yes, some areas are a bit warm but I guess it's hard to get the balance right between open and airy and air tight and conditioned in the communal areas.
We've eventually found everything on the site although the Dolphin experience is weirdly hidden and took a Bear Grylls like expedition to find.
I'm usually bored of holiday food after a day or two but I'm still finding something wonderful 5 days in. Had beautiful rare fillet steak in the Portofino restaurant last night which was a pleasant surprise to get on an all inclusive.
So really looking forward to the next 10 days - hope you enjoy your stay here as much as we are
Stu Bates & Family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 lake-style pools, 3 Jacuzzis, large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers, pool and beach towel service, BAHIA SPA (additional charge). Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles, motorized sports (additional charge), water activity centre, entertainment amphitheater. WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge), buffet restaurant, 4 a la carte restaurants, 8 bars, 2 snack bars. Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed, sitting area with sofa, fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bathtub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer, bathroom amenities. Balcony or terrace, air conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, radio alarm clock, flat screen satellite TV, mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, safe (additional charge), ironing set, terrace, Wifi. Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites, the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite; bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay, children's bath kit, welcome basket with sweets, mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children, two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites), Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico