Where do I start?
One year ago, for my husband's birthday, I took him on a very expensive trip to Bahia Principe, Dominican Republic. We stayed at Ambar Resort and it was beyond our expectations with respect to service, luxury and professional staff. While we were there, we attended a session on Privilege membership, which we bought.
This year, for our first year Wedding anniversary, we stayed at the Bahia Principe, Coba Mexico resort for May 1 to May 8, 2013. Coordinating the trip was such a smooth, effortless transition thanks to Claudia Arredondo Castillo and Diane Garcia. As soon as we arrived at the resort in Coba, Mexico, we were greeted by the beautiful, smiling Diane. We were ushered into the Privilege lounge and were greeted like family by Ana (manager) and her professional, efficient, courteous and very accommodating staff. We had champagne and snacks and the staff went over the details to make our stay special and memorable. Special thanks to Ana, the manager. She is beautiful inside and outside, professional and very accommodating. She went out of her way to create a special and memorable experience for our anniversary. I want to extend my gratitude to the rest of the Privilege staff including " Miss Diva" Miluska, Eduardo, the suave one, always accessible and helpful, the beautiful Karla whom we fell in love with for her charm and bubbly personality, the very accommodating and professional Armando who had the golf cart so beautifully decorated with balloons to take us for dinner on our anniversary night. Armando, we will never forget you, THANK YOU sincerely. Martin, at the Privilege Beach bar, you are awesome, you made the best concoctions ever, I sooo miss my Mojitos and Margaritas. My husband thanks you for your Tequila recommendations.
We are seasoned travelers and always stay at 5 star hotels. We loved Coba for the natural beauty of the environment that was so effortlessly incorporated with the breathtaking architecture. The vibrant colors of oranges and Diego blue were astounding. The exceptional service, courtesy and efficiency by ALL staff members was second to none. We did not feel rushed or pressured to buy anything as we did at other resorts, we had time to enjoy and relax at our own pace.
Thank you guys for this amazing experience. This is coming from a very seasoned traveller and a spoilt New Yorker!!!
We can't wait to visit again and look forward to meeting Ana and the wonderful staff again.
Our heartfelt and sincerest thanks. Suzette and Carlos Bellorin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico