This was my first all-inclusive resort experience, and many friends had built up my expectations pretty high...
We had to wait over an hour to pass Mexican customs and Immigration at Cancun Airport...
The one-hour bus ride from the Cancun Airport is quite long when you can't wait to get to the beach... but the Air Transat Vacations staff provided a shuttle bus with a guide and mucho cerveza!
Bellhops and Shuttle drivers are pleasant and smiling!
Check-in at the private Club Golden lounge was absolutely wonderful (thanks to Anne)!
We stayed in a Club Golden Junior Suite in 16A on the second floor.
The GBP Coba's rooms are incredible. Roomy, clean, brand new...
Maid service was great each day... room was always spotless and shining!
The buffet at the Coba was the only weak spot of our 7day stay... The food was very ordinary and was mostly always lukewarm. I tried to stick to Mexican specialties, as this seemed to be the warmest and most tasty... I was disappointed in the quality of fresh fruit - they seemed "imported" - which seemed odd for a Central American destination! Ceviches were well prepared and tasty (shrimp, fish, scallops)...
Our 4 suppers in A La Carte restaurants were just ok... We tried Le Pescador, La Gran Tortuga, Tequila and Don Pablo (see separate reviews).
Entertainment at night was plentiful. There's always some live band playing in a lounge or bar at one of the resorts, and there is a nightly show at 9pm at Tulum and 10pm at Coba with recurring themes - Michael Jackson, Music from movies, Musicals, etc... Good times!
There is a weekly Mexican Fiesta show... not worth the $15pp in my opinion.
The pools are large and clean, you can almost always find a chair... There is a "fun" pool with music and animation and a "quiet" pool... and there is an adults only pool as well... There is always a bar within eyesight at each of these pools... many snack bars... and most pools are a 2min walk from anyone's room... very well designed resort.
GBP Coba is a 15min shuttle ride away from the beach, so we went to the GBP Tulum's beach one morning and found it to be beautiful. Sitting poolside at Tulum, you are 100ft away from the beach... what a spot!
Great service from everyone from bellhops, shuttle drivers, restaurant staff...
All around, except from the food, it was truly a 5-star resort !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 lake-style pools, 3 Jacuzzis, large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers, pool and beach towel service, BAHIA SPA (additional charge). Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles, motorized sports (additional charge), water activity centre, entertainment amphitheater. WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge), buffet restaurant, 4 a la carte restaurants, 8 bars, 2 snack bars. Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed, sitting area with sofa, fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bathtub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer, bathroom amenities. Balcony or terrace, air conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, radio alarm clock, flat screen satellite TV, mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, safe (additional charge), ironing set, terrace, Wifi. Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites, the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite; bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay, children's bath kit, welcome basket with sweets, mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children, two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites), Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico