Grand Bahia Principe Coba
Hotels.com
$308
$357
  • Pool
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
$193
$149
$340
Bookit.com
$392
  • Pool
Villas DeRosa Beach Resort(Akumal)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
14,367 results
All reviewspremier lobbycozumel buffetle gourmeta la cartesfishgolden lobbysnack barplaya del carmenquiet poolakumal beachshow tablemichael jackson showmain buffetother resortsgreat resortdon pabloactivity pool
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at this resort (room 32331, busy corner but well situated around everything) from Feb 26-March 5th. The hotel, the grounds are fabulous. I do not want to complain at all about this. We reserved our "a la carte" restaurants on line before going. It was great, no waiting in lines.
Our first incident happened when we dined at Portofino's. Their was a special on "Gazzela" wine which we all liked so we figured it would be worth the 20$ to buy it. WELL! It was a bad bottle to say the least. The maitre D did not want to change it, then proceeded to say that all the bottles were of the same year 2010. It's a "New Wine" and has to be served within a year!! any ways, we ordered another bottle of Pinot Grigio, it was bad also. At a 5* you would not have this, or at least not have an argument from the staff about it. Second incident was when we stepped into the "Premiere" area of the beach to simply get a glass of water at the bar. The bartender told us not to come back to this bar it was for Premier club members only. !! All inclusive duh!! It's OK, their beach was very slanted....
At the fish restauant "Pescados", i ordered Gruper. It was not Gruper, just white fish. It was good, but not Gruper.
No turn down service before bed, which I like because, they come in and make sure their is enough water in the room for the night and fresh (or fold the used ones) towels.
The buffets were very tasty but repetative. Go to the Cozumel Buffet. Quietter and very good.
The trollys come very often to go to the beach and around the complex.
We used the gym every day. Very good. It was actually better than I have seen in some 5*.
Lobby bar very good, actually all the bars are good. All in all, it was a nice hotel, would I go back, maybe if the price was right but I can usually get a real 5* at the same price. So if your not too picky on your food, they it's a fantastic place for you!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelercp102010
RRPPCOBA, Public Relations at Grand Bahia Principe Coba, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Travelercp102010,

First of all I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your stay here in the Grand Bahía Príncipe Coba.

We are truly sorry to read the incident that you described in the Portofino Restaurant, that certainly does not reflect the commitment and the quality that we have exhibited for many years, we have reviewed your comments with the Food&Beverage Manager and Housekeeping Department to introduce corrective actions and improvements.

Our aim is to be able to obtain the maximum satisfaction of all our clients. We are very sad of knowing that with you we did not obtain it. Once again thank you for your time and comments, hoping to have a second opportunity in a near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have traveled to the Coba four times and have always been completely satisfied. The staff are extremely helpful and accommodating. Elena, Salucia, and Ricardo were especially helpful. The restaurants were all excellent as were the accommodations. Great beach and beautiful grounds. I had an excellent trip and would highly recommend the Coba.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Richard D
RRPPCOBA, Public Relations at Grand Bahia Principe Coba, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Richard D,

First of all we really appreciate that you decide to visit the Gran Bahia Principe Coba. It is kind of you to share your opinions about your time in our Resort. We are really happy to read that you enjoined the kindness of our staff; Elena, Salucia and Ricardo will be pleased to hear that you delight their service. We are looking forward to welcome you back here at the Riviera Maya. Thank you very much again for your lovely words,

Yours truly,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I traveled with my 18 yr old daughter and her friend. Bahia propertys has three resorts together. Great time for all ages. The distance between resorts is not bad with the use of trollys. I read reviews on the long waits and alot of walking. We stayed at Coba. Right from the moment we got there I was treated like a queen. Roger from Golden Lobby made sure we were all checked in and then took us to Coba main lobby where we met the most welcoming front desk french guys Romaine and George. They answered all our questions and got us all set up with everything we needed. They were always a joy to see everyday, with their big smiles. My little french I knew was amusing in the least to them. Our room was large and very clean, and was kept clean very well everyday. Thanks Maria.
The beach was huge and very nice. There was always many people doing water arobics and zumba everyday. The activity staff as so much fun. Tony thanks for always keeping us amuzed.
The Ruins in Tulum were really amazing to see and the beach was amazing. Take the local Collectivo into town only 30 pesos and very safe.There are tour bus taxis at the road also and will lead you to believe they are the collectovo. The collectivo Vans say collectivo on them. At the round about by the bridge to Sai Kain is where you go to the road, just to your right there is a bus stop area for the collectivo to Playa del Carmen and across the road there is one that will take you to Tulum. The local beach in Tulum is the most beautiful sand and beach. Papaya Playa Design has the best food and atmoshphere. Very unique!
If you are looking for unique good quality jewelry Vincente Y Tatich Galleria Adelita had the best I had found in town. All custom made by Vincente and his son.
Greg over at Akumal was great in directing us to the buffet. The food in the whole resort was amazing. I loved the Tequila resraunt had amazing shrimp alfredo. Maikkado Japanese was a great choice too. I didn't realize that you could email ahead of time to book your la Carte dinners. This is probably your best bet unless you like late dinners.
Also a night out on the town in Playa del Carmen is a must. We went with the best people and had the greatest time. The clubs there are very safe and fun.
We had the most amazing vacation, met the best people and can't wait to go back.
Thanks to all the staff for making our vacation memorable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gingerstravels1
RRPPCOBA, Public Relations at Grand Bahia Principe Coba, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Gingerstravels1 ,

First of all we really appreciate that you decide to visit the Gran Bahia Principe Coba, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is a pleasure to read that you join your time here in the Mexican Caribbean.

We are really happy to read that you enjoined the kindness of our staff members , we will communicate your nice words to all of them, especially Roger, Romain, George, María and Tony will be pleased to hear that you delight of their service.

Thank you again for your lovely words, it will be a pleasure to welcome you again here at your new Mexican Home.

Sending you my kindest regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at the Coba with my buddy from Feb.21-28 and overall I'd say we had a great time. This was my 2nd trip to the Coba and his first time at an all inclusive.

For my 2nd time I decided to try the Royal Golden treatment because it included direct transfer to and from the hotel and an extra ala carte for the week...it was worth the extra $20 just for the direct transfer, its a long drive so direct is the way to go.

Our ala cartes were Mikado(show table), La Gran Tortuga, Arlequin and Le Gourmet. The only one we didn't enjoy was Le Gourmet, it was too fancy for me...If you don't have the extra ala carte not to worry, the buffet is excellent. We generally ate at the Coba buffet for breakfast because it was closer to our room but overall our favourite was Tulum...seemed like they had a slightly wider selection.

Tipping is not required but it goes a long way. We left a decent tip at the swimup bar one morning when we got our first drinks and he kept them coming. When we were half done the first drink he already had our next ones lined up.

We met so many fellow Canadians on our travels and had a great time. I wish my trip was longer, it seems just after you meet some awesome people its time to go home.

Overall, we had a fantastic time and you can't go wrong with this resort.

Mark

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank markus121

Dear Markus121,

We are very happy that you enjoyed our Golden package and all our facilities, your words are a very important stimulation for all the members of the Grand Bahia Principe Coba family, thank you very much for sharing your experience here in our Resort, please be sure that we will forward you nice comments to all our departments.

We will be very honor to welcome you a 3Th and 2Th time here in your Caribbean home,

Receive my warmest regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our second time to the Coba and were greatly impressed by the staff who went above and beyond to make us feel like friends. We were spoiled. A special nod to Nadia (in the Premier lobby) who scheduled our dinners (around 7ish) and worked so hard to please us. And to Tony (at the activity pool) who was an energetic ambassador for the Coba.

There are such tiny little negatives that I hate to even mention them. The chairs at the Coba pools are in high demand possibly for the shade areas? More palapas and chairs would seem like a simple fix. Except for the Rodizio, the restaurants had a hard time not overcooking beef. That said we had lots of excellent fish dishes and enjoyed the ala carte restaurants.

We had great weather, met many nice people and we will be back.

Randy and Mary from Michigan

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sodutch

Dear sodutch,

It is an honor to know that you really enjoyed our facilities and the esprit of service of all the members of the Grand Bahía Príncipe Coba family, particularly Nadia and Tony.

The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are very important to maintain the quality of the service and they certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction and fulfillment of our hotel standards; we will discuss yours with all the departments involve.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you a 3Th time here in your Mexican home,