We went the end of Jan 2013. Even though it was far from the airport - the van ride was about an hour and a half it was in the evening so we weren't missing anything. The grounds were beautiful, pools great, food wonderful but pace yourself. We would recommend the third floor. The first night we were moved from the first because of an issue with the room but they moved us fairly quickly and it was great from there. Don't eat at the Brazilian restaurant as the food is limited, meat is cooked rare, and salad bar is limited. The food at the fish one was awesome. We loved the entertainment staff at the pool and Louigie does a killer water exercise. We went into Playa Del Carmen on a rainy day and it was a great day. We don't drink so loved the tea and cookies at the coffee bar at night and the mixed fruit drinks.
We did wait an hour for our pick up van to go back to the airport but the line up at the airport was also an hour or more long just to check in our bags. You have to take a trolley to the beach but even that was fun and you got to relax on the way there and see the other sister resorts you can go to. The sand is beautiful and you can see fish waist deep. There were lots of families there and would love to take my kids here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BP USA TRAVEL INC, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico