Just got home yesterday from a week long stay at the Coba. We stayed at the Ambar in Punta Cana 3 years ago and really enjoyed it, and thought we would try this one out as it's the same chain again. To be honest, it was great to get away from Canada in February and overall it was good. We are pretty laid back and most things do not bother us when we go away, so this is more of an update only :)
Things that could improve:
Couple of things that were not what I would consider a 4.5 star resort, 3.5 - 4 at best
1. Beds are extremely uncomfortable - hard and you have to have them bring a mattress topper to try and make the best of them
2. Entertainment was the same thing every night. Karaoke overkill and no places to sit. There is such a lack of seating at the Coba that people sat on the stairs to the entrance of the lobby making it extremely difficult to get up and down them. Off the lobby was a "music" bar and they had the same band every night but one which they were off for the evening. Not the greatest, but hey it's what you get I'm assuming, but would have been nice to have some sort of assortment. There was a smaller location at the "premium section" of the resort in Coba, but people figured that one out and seats were also difficult to attain and again the music was the same everynight.
3. Pools - just a word of warning, if you do not get your towel on the lounge chairs by 6:30am you are SOL for the day.
4. Food - Buffet was acceptable but same thing day in day out, no variety whatsoever.
5. Beach was ok, but lots of rocks and lots of people -still able to walk it
Staff was great and no complaints at all, rooms were ok, towels limited, and lots of walking.
Overall, the sun was shining and there was no snow. I don't think I would go back to this location, but really I can't knock it. We did enjoy our stay and look forward to our next adventure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 lake-style pools, 3 Jacuzzis, large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers, pool and beach towel service, BAHIA SPA (additional charge). Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles, motorized sports (additional charge), water activity centre, entertainment amphitheater. WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge), buffet restaurant, 4 a la carte restaurants, 8 bars, 2 snack bars. Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed, sitting area with sofa, fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bathtub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer, bathroom amenities. Balcony or terrace, air conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, radio alarm clock, flat screen satellite TV, mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, safe (additional charge), ironing set, terrace, Wifi. Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites, the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite; bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay, children's bath kit, welcome basket with sweets, mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children, two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites), Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico