This is my second time at the resort. This time we came for a family wedding.
Overall, my experience was okay.
The beach was amazing and not very rocky. There were always beach chairs available.
The bartenders were friendly.
The pool was very close to our room. I have two toddlers so the shallow ends of the pools were great for them. The Coba pool was warm in comparison to the Tulum pool.
The room was clean but the air conditioner was very loud. The first night I did not get very much sleep. We complained about the air conditioning , which did not fix the problem. We mainly left the air off. The person at the front desk mentioned that he would move us to another room but it never happened. Our fridge was not stocked when we arrived in the room and the person did not come to replenish our water and fridge until the third day.
The lobby restaurant.
A couple of the waiters were rude but overall the staff was very friendly. I usually had to ask for two highchairs several times before they came. The food was better the first time we were at the resort.
A La Carte.
This time we went to the Italian, Japanese and seafood A La Carte. The Seafood was my favorite.
Overall the trip was okay but I do not think I will go back to this resort especially with my family.
Also some of the drivers of the trolleys need to slow down. One driver came to a sudden stop and my husband was holding our children. They fell out of their seat and hit the people in front of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 7 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico