I travelled with my husband last Feb 2012. We really enjoyed this resort for a number of different reasons and had a few tips and small complaints. We really liked how big the resort is. The fact that it really is 3 big resorts in 1 made it a lot of fun for sightseeing and going to the different buffets, snack bars and the variety of the a la cartes. The little trains were a lot of fun to take around if you didn't feel like walking although it was a lot of fun to walk around and see the different wildlife and landscaping.
I would recommend emailing "Felix" who is the manager at this resort. He will hook you up with the a la cartes before hand. I also requested a certain building and floor - when he emailed me back I had the date and times of the a la carte reservations and although he said that he couldn't guarantee the building and room when we got there, we were in a great location (31b on the second floor). I had mentioned in the email that I was pregnant and he made sure there was a mattress topper on our bed which was very thoughtful because the beds are a tad hard for my taste.
The buffets have a good variety - if you go to the other resorts a lot of the food is similar, but have their own different spin.
My only complaint would have to have be the lack of sun chairs everywhere we went. Because Coba is not directly on the beach it was almost impossible to get a chair because by the time you go, all chairs are taken reserved already. Even at the pools it was very much like that. My husband and I didn't like the idea of reserving chairs, but by the 3rd day it was too frustrating to find even 1 empy chair that we just starting reserving ourselves before heading off the breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Jetsetter, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico