We booked Coba on a seat sale for Christmas and didn't really have an idea of what to expect. Well I wasn't prepared for a 2 hour bus ride, but that aside the resort was amazing. It's actually 3 resorts in 1 and you get to use the facilities of all resorts. Overall we had an amazing experience and I would totally return in a heart beat. The staff were wonderful and went out of their way to make our stay fabulous, especially Christmas Eve. A special night was planned with Christmas dinner, Santa Clause on the beach and lovely decorations everywhere.
What I loved about this resort:
Great food. They can cater to celiac's if you need.
Awesome staff. The staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Sergio the entertainment guy at the pool is awesome. Also Felix the PR guy is amazinginly helpful if you run into problems.
Large Rooms: Lots of space in your room including storage.
Awesome Pools: Many to choose from
Wellness Center: Don't miss out on this, Tao Wellness Center is separate from the resort but you get to use so take advantage.
Golf Resort on Site: your room includes a round of golf so make sure you take golf shoes and clothes.
Lots of beach and chairs to enjoy: you can enjoy a hammock, swimming in the ocean or laying on the sand.
What I didn't love:
Hard Beds: Ask for a mattress topper to avoid this.
Paying for safes: necessary but be prepared to pay $5 dollars a day.
Super sweet drinks: I love pina colada's and margaritas but ask for only a little sugar
Long walks from the room to lobby: request a room close to the lobby to avoid long walks to and from.
Basically the resort was fabulous and the what I didn't love are small and easy to avoid. The return for what you pay is fantastic. It is a large resort so make sure to budget in time to get from one resort to the other because you need to take a golf cart. That said being so large, there are many things to do including shopping a the Hacienda, renting bikes and riding around the property, checking out different restuarants around the property and watching the shows at different resorts on the properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 lake-style pools, 3 Jacuzzis, large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers, pool and beach towel service, BAHIA SPA (additional charge). Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles, motorized sports (additional charge), water activity centre, entertainment amphitheater. WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge), buffet restaurant, 4 a la carte restaurants, 8 bars, 2 snack bars. Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed, sitting area with sofa, fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bathtub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer, bathroom amenities. Balcony or terrace, air conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, radio alarm clock, flat screen satellite TV, mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, safe (additional charge), ironing set, terrace, Wifi. Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites, the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite; bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay, children's bath kit, welcome basket with sweets, mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children, two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites), Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico