My family and my parents visited the Coba for a second time this year from December 20th to 27th. We used USA transfers from the airport and the transfer was timely and pleasant. Upon arrival at the hotel we learned that we had been upgraded to the premier section. This was our 3rd visit to a Bahia resort so we were pleased with the little upgrades that we received. We had champagne, fruit basket, robes and slippers placed in the room. The TV's are nice LCD's with much better reception in the premier section. The maid did a great job everyday with towel arrangements left on the bed.
The food was great once again. Lots of choices. The waiters were excellent at each meal. The Christmas Eve gala was beautiful with turkey, beef, chicken cordon blue, caviar, seafood and much much more. The resort really went beyond for Christmas Eve. The only complaint I have about any food at the resort is the cheese nacho sauce it is way too runny, they need to make it a little thicker.
The entertainment staff does a great job from dailyactivities to nightly shows. The outdoor dance show most evenings is awesome way to spend the evening dancing and socializing.
I just don't get the complaints about the timeshare staff. Say a firm no and don't engage then and they will not bother you. Lorenzo who is part of the privilege club staff has become a friend and is a great guy to chat with. We got to know him on our last visit and was surprised when he remembered us right away.
The coba section of the beach is the best area to go to. It is nice and sandy and lots of fish around to swim with. The trolley leaves constantly from the lobby and is only a short ride if you don't want to walk. There is a beach bar just on the left as you enter the beach so convienent to gets drinks all day.
The chair game is definately on at this resort as with most. If you want a good spot then you need to get up early to place a towel out. They really need to invest in some more loungers because there is definately room for them. We are early risers so never an issue for us but could see how it would be if you sleep in.
The resort was full during Christmas but did not feel full because the resort is so big. We never waited long for anything and really enjoyed our christmas there. The temperatures were great. Only 2 evenings out of the 7 did we need to wear a little sweater. Looking forward to another visit to the Coba.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 lake-style pools, 3 Jacuzzis, large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers, pool and beach towel service, BAHIA SPA (additional charge). Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles, motorized sports (additional charge), water activity centre, entertainment amphitheater. WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge), buffet restaurant, 4 a la carte restaurants, 8 bars, 2 snack bars. Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed, sitting area with sofa, fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bathtub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer, bathroom amenities. Balcony or terrace, air conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, radio alarm clock, flat screen satellite TV, mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, safe (additional charge), ironing set, terrace, Wifi. Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites, the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite; bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay, children's bath kit, welcome basket with sweets, mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children, two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites), Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico