My family and I have stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe Coba 3 times. We have been to many other resorts. Next to the Excellence Properites this is still my favourtie place in the Mayan or Cancun area. It is wonderful for families, they have something for all ages. The beach water is great for swimming and snorkelling and the pools are beautiful and spotless, all having swim up bars. My favourite spot to hang out here is at the swing bar on the beach. You can't beat that view and it is a great way to meet people.
The restaurants here are all good, service is always good and the people are genuinely friendly and beautiful people. The shows are good, a little better than some of the other places we have been too.
The shopping an entertainment area up front is a great feature of this resort. You can hang and listen to music and such in the rooms areas and when you want to party on, you can take the train up there and go to the disco or sports bar. Our kids in their early 20's loved this. They also loved the 2 twenty four hour snack bars. They would go there and get baileys and snacks before coming to bed no matter what time it was. They also met lots of other young people there.
I would recommend this resort to anyone wanting to try out the Riviera Maya area for the first time. A great overall Mexican experience. The one and only negative thing about this resort is the distance from the airport. It takes a good hour and a half to get there and that is without stops but it is worth it in my opinion. Just buy some cervesas for the ride and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 lake-style pools, 3 Jacuzzis, large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers, pool and beach towel service, BAHIA SPA (additional charge). Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles, motorized sports (additional charge), water activity centre, entertainment amphitheater. WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge), buffet restaurant, 4 a la carte restaurants, 8 bars, 2 snack bars. Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed, sitting area with sofa, fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bathtub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer, bathroom amenities. Balcony or terrace, air conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, radio alarm clock, flat screen satellite TV, mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, safe (additional charge), ironing set, terrace, Wifi. Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites, the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite; bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay, children's bath kit, welcome basket with sweets, mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children, two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites), Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico