we stayed in #5 and found it to be exactly as promised in the pictures and descriptions:a casual, very pleasant place, up on the third floor, overlooking a beautiful bay with multiple shades of blues and turquoises, hard working, friendly staff (thank you for the clean room -- hard to do with the sand, and thank you for the coconuts!!). The wind blew strongly much of the time we were there (short visit), so the temperatures were easy to take at night (only tried the bedroom ac once). Akumal is a small place, right now, but growing fast - probably not good for the environment or the small place experience that we enjoyed. Our trip was brief but beautiful, and this place really was terrific. (and yes, we did have the luck to see a turtle swimming right in front of the place).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Azul offers a great choice for visitors to Akumal and the Riviera Maya. Centrally located along Half Moon Bay, Luna Azul is within an easy walk to everything. The sandy beachfront location is perfect for sunbathing and offers easy access to the bay for snorkeling and swimming. Great snorkeling is just in front of Luna Azul. Each unit is air conditioned, with satellite television and wireless internet. Two bedroom, two bath units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Luna Azul Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Azul Condominiums Akumal
- Luna Azul Condominiums Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico