We just returned last night from a week at the GBP Tulum.
Summary: Stayed in building 45 Diamond section. Great for us as in front of private lobby, nice and quiet for kids (aged 8 and 5). Rooms were great, enough room for 2 double beds and a cot. The hotel is spotless, and they go above and beyond to meet and exceed your needs. Great towel art and super clean rooms everyday. Food was excellent. Diamond allows you to have breakfast and lunch at a smaller buffet (Tequila) which was great, and a minute from our room. Main buffet has everything. If you love Mexican food, they have a great Mexican corner. Sushi station set up everyday. A la cartes were very good. Our favourite was the Mexican with the Mariachi. Gran Tortuga - Brazilian - very good, and the beef was excellent. Don Pablo also very good. Steak and shrimp.
Beach at the Tulum section is rocky, so you just go the Akumal section to swim where the water is calm and the sand bags (whales as people call them) are great for the kids to jump off of. Actually liked having to go over there, then return to the quieter section at tulum where the people do not seem to be as intoxicated. Akumal main buffet is busier for lunch as everyone is using the beach there, as well as the Coba people. Way more party people at the Akumal area with their oversize keg cups - really not necessary and quite tacky in my opinion.
Kids club - our kids loved it and asked to go. The staff there are great with the kids. Great at 2pm when they are tired and need to get out of the sun and they show movies and parents can have adult quiet time :)
Shows at night - we watched a few - they were just OK. Lobby bar had live music which was Ok, but very loud and the kids found it too noisy.
All in all, this is a great hotel chain, and considering it is so big, they manage to do an amazing job. Emailed ahead of time to reserve a la cartes, and Grace, PR Manager promptly emailed back and helped with our requests of a quiet room.
Yes, true they are building a dolphin aquarium there where you will be able to swim with the dolphins. Dont really love that, but I'm sure it will be a big hit.
entertainment staff fantastic with both adults and kids.
Beds were very comfortable with the mattress topper - have no idea what the complaints were.
Drinks good, margaritas with Jose Cuervo on the rocks was a favourite.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and will be going back. Been to many other Bahia Principe hotels, and this is my favourite.
Best value for this caliber of hotel. Can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico