I went there with 2 of my girlfriends age 21 to 24 the resort is really beautiful the service was excellent can't complaint. The food was better than we expected, it was actually good but for some reason the selection at the Akumal buffet was better than the one in Tulum. Unlimited drinks so if you're planning to get drunk everyday then this is the place for you. The resort is really big if you like to walk then it's good or else they have shuttles every 5 minutes.
"The Room": nothing special really it's a 5 star hotel but compare to what we have here in Canada it's like a room in a motel. The bed are really stiff. The sheets and pillows smelled really bad although I saw our maid changed them almost everyday. The a/c wasnt really cold. You have a mini bar in the room so it was pretty good. Anyway you only come to your room to sleep so it's not so bad.
"The beach": The beach was not what I expected it's not as good as what you see in the pictures. It's very rocky and the sand is not really white it has coral in it. But there's some parts that were ok in the COba side and a bit of Akumal. Alot of sea weed too. If you're going for the beach Cuba or dominican Republic is better.
"Nightlife": They have disco in the resort but it was empty. So if you're going there to party it's not the right resort for you I recommend this resort mostly for family's, seniors and honeymooners. Singles stay away there's nothing there for you. Unless you just want to relax and drink. The location of the resort is pretty bad because it's very far it's 1hour and 30 minutes from the airport. SO if you want to see more of Mexico like go to Playa del carmen it's not the ideal place it's 45 minutes away.
It was a fun trip but we probably won't be back because we always like to try something new.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico